Power outage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Power outage

Coming up on twelve hours with no electricity. Plants in third week of veg. What should I do? I drained everything out so the plants don't drown and I misted the roots with pH'd water. Temps around low eighties and rh at sixty four percent.

If they’re photos you’ll need to find a way to give them some light. Any light, flashlight, candlelight just something for an hour or 2 to break up the dark period. As far as the roots, I’d recommend filling the reservoir with 1/3-1/2 the normal amount with just water and changing it every 4 hours until the power comes back on.
    Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

Out of my zone but in aeroponics, they spray water at the roots very 15 minutes or so and that seems to do really well, I agree light will be the bigger problem and you’re probably not ready to flip...but they don’t that so maybe a few flash lights hanging overhead may help to prevent changes or hermies in the plant. I have had a 16 hour outage in my first hydro and had no real issues. Sorry for that one

Comment

you can transition to kratky growing from dwc in a pinch with the loss of power but yeah, lights are something you should provision for in case of the extended loss of power and failed secondary systems.

in a pinch you can always remove the reflector on a small high power led flashlight, they usually got 1000+ lumens with almost a half day of runtime before needing recharge with a 18650 size battery.

Comment

I'm a day late and a dollar short but here's a company that has some power outage solutions: https://www.goalzero.com/shop/portable-power/

For me, the Yeti 1250 is the most versatile and economical...and discontinued The good news is you may be able to find one used on ebay for cheap. Goal Zero tells me they have plenty of replacement batteries for when the time comes. They're also expandable. I plan on chaining up to four, giving me around 12 hours, without a solar panel grid (315W LEC light only, no fans/pumps, etc). That would drain the system to around 50%, after which you start to degrade the battery's capacity. In a bona fide crisis, you could probably get a couple of days worth of light, without recharging (12/12).

Also, their (Goal Zero) panels kind of suck - vastly over priced and under performing. I'm going with Northern Arizona Wind & Solar for my panels: https://www.solar-electric.com/resid...ar-panels.html

Sorry for your troubles and I hope you're able to overcome this challenge!
          A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

How's things today?
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• RFheavy
              RFheavy commented
              Editing a comment
              I got lucky and the power went back up about a couple hours after my post. I made a new res of nutes and all appears to be well! It's nice to go through these things for the experience, I suppose...But something tells me I'll still be stressing if this happens again! haha, thanks for asking!

Man I sure know your panic. We had 1 mid size portable generator last winter but got another on craigslist this winter for other back up appliences. We had no power for over a week last winter snow up to 2ft. in some areas at our house very unusual that amount others got it way worse. Sucked to melt snow on the woodstove to get water to flush a toilet. Life in the sticks
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

SoOrbudgal I cannot believe I found this photo from 1974... my girlfriend ( now wife) and I lived in a house that was a school house in the 1800’s and with a shallow spring box, all the water was NOT drinkable due to surrounding farms contamination...winter was actually easy.. always plenty of snow...summer, walk to the farm and use the well pump there to carry water back
              Click image for larger version

Name:	3A25C0E1-06B3-4969-BF31-3D655ED84E9B.jpeg
Views:	319
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	377184

Comment

• Farmall
                Farmall commented
                Editing a comment
                Haha. Nope but trust me, maybe I was born to be a caveman. No water there, limited electric here....I am no stranger to power outages and did install and modify my transfer switch to signal power back on. Glad you’re going forward with that problem. Hated reading that....it has been a 30 year problem and not a few hours...typically a day or three.

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Farmall we sure could do it when we were younger and even now but I don't want to LOL boy that is a beauty of a stove.

• Farmall
                Farmall commented
                Editing a comment
                Our payment there was $80.00 per month.... cheap even for the 70’s . No Viking stoves or Sub Zero refrigerators.😁

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X