Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soil grow - rusty looking leaves, dying from the bottom, overall sad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Soil grow - rusty looking leaves, dying from the bottom, overall sad!

This is my third grow, first in a tent

My tent size is 16x16x48 inches

i’m running a viparspectra 300w LED
    i recently had a fungus gnat infestation due to my poor watering habits, as well as a lack of airflow - i just installed an intake fan that now pushes through the tent out through the top.

i also believe i’ve had the light far too low, seeing as once the plant began flowering, it grew to about 12” below the light, but it’s now 20”.

but the plant still looks depressed!

i’ve been watering it with tap water pH’ed between 6.0 - 7.0 the whole time, i fed it once early in the life cycle with 10mL grow big per 2 gallons and watered it about 0.05 gal (estimated, the side of the pot is measured in half gallons)

my problem:

the leaves are drooping all throughout, the lower leaves are dying off, the top leaves look rusted, and there’s spots that look like the top layer of the leaf is missing throughout the plant. the gnats make me wary of watering.

any response would be appreciated.

thanks again,
    joebuddy

Hey joebuddy ol' pal! You have yourself a pH issue. I've just had the same problem. Check this out:
    https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...h-fluctuations
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

I would say flush it out i just had same issues an fixed with a good flush. The fox farm nutes are hot you should of started at 5ml but just flush now an start over. An them amazon ligjtd work but watch distance 14inch lowest in flower an 28max see whats happens an get some superthrive that crap works 1ml per gallon for a stressed plant... Good luck..

Comment

Gingerbeard How did you resolve your pH issue? Flush? Offsetting pH in nutrients for a few cycles to bring it to proper readings? joebuddy I don't have a ton of experience but I'm also using soil and fox farm nutrients. You don't mention the plants age (or I'm skimming too fast) but the FF ocean forest (if that is what you are using) and similar are "usually" good for 4 to 6 weeks depending on environment and the plant itself. Plant looks large enough so...time to feed it...HOWEVER, be sure to check and set the pH of the liquid going in and try to check the runoff twice if you can. First check real early in the runoff to check what is being pushed out and one a bit into fuller runoff to see if it has approached the pH you're putting in. I have three going now and I was chasing pH issues for a while. My runoff was around 5.5 even though I was putting in 6.8pH. It took three cycles but now the range is much tighter. This allows me to vary my input across the 6.0 - 6.8 range for the uptake of all the trace stuff it needs. If you're using the fox farm trio (or similar) be sure to use them about 1/2 or slightly less for a few cycles and watch them. Your new leaves should look better while the funky ones will just be funky and maybe get the trim later on. Don't obsess or fret. Time and a little tender loving care will fix this.
        TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
        EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
        AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
        IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

First, I wouldn't flush until you figure out how to control your pH going in. You can't wash your hands clean in dirty water. I solved my pH issue with my nutrients that don't need to be pH'd. It was a complete fluke. I realized the water I was using for nuting was about 8. But my plants were fine. It was the nutes that were bringing my pH to keel. After reading the rest of the box of nutes, I read the part about not pH'ing.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

Thanks all, I’ve flushed the 5-1/2 week old autoflower yesterday with water pH’ed to 6.6, and she’s flourishing. once this dries up, i’ll go in 5mL Tiger Bloom, and pH to range. fungus gnats are gone. i’ll remove the damaged fan leaves towards the end of flower.

thanks everyone!

Comment

I ordered some stuff online it's in all in one additive it cost me like like $10 on amazon an I tell you what I love this stuff it really works I can tell a huge difference. Its called humbolts golden secret. It's a small bottle but worth it an you can add it to any nutrient regimen. I personally use it with the fox farm trio and getting great results..

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X