Meesta's 2020 Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meesta's 2020 Grow

Hey all, been away for some time, but 'tis the season and I'm back for my 2020 grow journal. Just received and started germinating my seeds yesterday evening, this year we're going a bit different with three photo-strains to begin: Wedding Cake, Gelato and Jack Herer (2 of each).

My buddy will be joining me up here during this season, he'd like to add some auto flowers into the mix...🤔, if I could only remember what he had told me...well, we'll get back to that after I see him next time.

The plan this year is to start off in the indoor box, and get things moved outside into a hoop house (still in progress) come April. Deciding on not covering the hoop house with plastic unless weather dictates so, and instead to use insect barrier fabric. My goal is more to keep those damn caterpillars away this time, while also having an easy avenue to deal with rain during flower.

Been away for some time, I hope that everyone is well and enjoying their time. I look forward to catching up and re immersing myself into this lovely community we have here 🤘😁.
    Meesta's Grow
    2019 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-meesta-s-grow

2020 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ta-s-2020-grow

Great to hear from you again Meesta. Boy that Jack Herer is going to be huge FYI grew one 7-8ft. loaded down with colas over a lb off her alone. Anyhoo love the strains you've chosen. Yep doing the same here getting things ready for coming outdoor season. I'm busy cutting clones on indoor tent, i'm going nuts with them now. Girl Scout Cookie, OG Kush an Mango those 3 are in the tent now been vegging a very long time cause I have 2 autos in there with them at 18/6 they are few weeks out of harvest.
    Also got a nice seed collection both auto and photo. Well it's good seeing you around again i'm subbed so will be watching. Simba is not a long hair like the other you had? We got 2 new rescue kitties, outdoor-indoor a kitten 5months old and a older gal she's a killer with the moles LOL
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      subbed for the grow, Hope this year is better then last for outdoor grows as I am trying my hand at it with a small greenhouse 2-3 plants in soil.

• MeestaFeesha
      MeestaFeesha commented
      Editing a comment
      BudGal! Yea, exciting times, if I'm not mistaken you're recently retired? Congratulations are in order I believe! New kitty is still long haired, perhaps not as much Maine Coone as my last, so it doesn't show as much. He's a polydactyl, so he's got thumbs though! Fun little monster, gonna be letting him outside soon enough.

MeestaFeesha Yeah yes retired and thanks. We rescued 2 new kitties. I think my little one is a maine coon mix. The other is older kitty she's a stealthy killer. I really was wanting a polydactyl kitty they are so funny. Good to see you, hope this outdoor works well for you again this year.

indoor/outdoor grower
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

Little update, 6/6 seeds germinated, and as of yesterday they all sprouted and seem happy. It's been far too long with no cannabis to tend to. The fun of growing/the journey is such a blast, I've missed it.

Got word from my bud that the auto flowers he picked up are Gorilla Glue, AK and Critical Purple. They're going to be outdoors, so hopefully will start germinating them either next month or in April. Never done autos before so I'm not the most sure on when to give them their start, just want to be sure the final frost is over and done with.

I've been toying with the idea of taking clones and cross-breeding to create some feminized seeds for next year, still a bit early to really make any decisions but I'm thinking that it could be fun!

Thanks for stopping by, 🤘😎
      -Meesta
      Meesta's Grow

Comment

• RFheavy
        RFheavy commented
        Editing a comment
        Having all the seeds pop must be a nice feeling! Can't wait to see updates!

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello Meesta would not hurry at all germinating those autos. I realize your home outdoor temps are different than where i'm at but I tried them too early I think last summer. I'm not going to germ. them till end of May. Going to start them in the tent for month get them all nearly grown up then put them out when we have 2 months of no rain all sun. Slightest " fart " stunts them outdoors. I like photos better so far

Been a while GWE, so much for this year's grow journal, Ha! Wish I had taken as many pictures as last year, I could fill in the multiple month gap. 🤷‍♂️

Touching base, I've got a little situation here. I believe that due to either not hardening off, placing my girls outside too early, or a combination of the two have led to an early flower.

Mix of emotion from excited to confused. Chances are what....They stay and continue to flower, they reveg as the days get longer causing stunted growth, or what?

I'll try to grab some more pictures here soon, at this point there's no room to bring any of them back inside to try to finish flower indoor. Hoping that everyone is in good health and staying safe during this crazy time.
      Attached Files
      Meesta's Grow

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Well I've got 2 clones that went into flower also did not up pot those yet but the rest are in their final pots sitting in the green house out of the rain storm were having. Mine I believe flowered cause I took them from a barely flowering mom but she was in preflower. I had them under LED till may 10 days ago and started hardening them off when sun was out.

For me it started with my clones, all went into flower under 14/10s, followed by the seedlings, and now more. This is an odd year, never thought I would get a late spring early summer harvest! So I am making seed and wondering if the 10 days of 14 hours 37 minutes will reveg them.
      I am thinking they will finish, and I may well plant more for fall, it's not to late here yet! All of the clone will finish in 5 weeks, if they dont reveg!

Comment

• MeestaFeesha
        MeestaFeesha commented
        Editing a comment
        Right?! I'm honestly chuckling to myself as to how this may go...It could be great! Or it could go so wrong. Very ready to pop the rest and prepare for a second round.

Nice to see you again @MeestaFeessha how's the kitty?

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• MeestaFeesha
        MeestaFeesha commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi hi! Good to hear from you. He's a goofball, have been letting him outside lately and it's a riot. Only similar in appearance to my previous kitty, a bit of a scaredy cat this one!

Yes I was hesitant to let the young fluffy rescue out but she's now skilled in surviving the night. She's 7months now? I think and as big as the older cat we rescued she teaches her the hunt and man I got decapitated mice and moles all over both porches LOL

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Alrighty. So, to catch up on this year's journey...

One of my Gelato seeds ended up being a runt, after transplanting to 7g fabric pots I ended up culling the poor lady. All ladies seemed happy enough, but undoubtedly I've placed them outside too early, stay tuned to see how my remaining gals turn out.

One of the Jack Herer seems to be fighting flower, instead stretching about a foot and now showing signs of stress in the form of drooping. I had intended to transplant this weekend, only to recognize that I've got myself into a pickle!

Popped some Auto's last night, I've got three gallon bags ready for them...Fairly certain I will be dropping my remaining photo seeds come next weekend, as a backup in case these photos go a bad way.

Spent a good amount of time this year letting the plants do their thing without putzing around in the garden. Training (LST) has been a bit more light, waiting to be in the 25g bags to really git'r'done.

Question for those who are willing to suggest their advice. Should I start transplanting these ladies into their final pots? I keep convincing myself that if they have indeed started flower, it's too late.
        Attached Files
        Meesta's Grow

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Not to be a nah sayer but this is why I dislike fabric pots for transplant especially larger plants like you got, scares me cause the roots are all entwined with the bag. Great for final pot love them, but I use 1-3 gal plastic to grow my clones and seed starts once out of solo cup.

They will reveg but will be much longer grow time I think. I got two clones that flowered i'm holding them back keeping them in 1gal. till I see more reveg else they will go into a tent as not to waste them and grow on 18/6. Mine are in a unheated GH waiting for better weather longer warm days currently and yes in their final pots.

If you are gentle with them you can get the whole (wet) soil ball out of the cloth pots without disturbing the roots. Then set it in a larger pot and fill in around it. I would make the new soil lower in N and higher in PK.
        I am thinking about starting some Tajikastani Hash Plants, and or some Santa Marta Colombian Gold. 2 autos sprouted yesterday, we'll see what they do.
        Last edited by Rwise; 05-03-2020, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Oh my, I had a fun morning. Ended up up-potting a Jack Herer and Gelato to 25's; they were the only two that didn't seem too far along. Made more exciting, by what I'm led to assume was placing the Gelato above an ant colony.

I'm starting to see some "twirling" leaves, just can never find em when I look for a picture. From what I've read this can be a sign of reverting from flower to veg. Crossing my fingers here, we'll see!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by MeestaFeesha; 05-03-2020, 02:44 PM. Reason: Spelling?
          Meesta's Grow

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            What are those whiteish larve? Are those butterfly or ladybugs I hope LOL. yes I would of cut those pots and buried them in the larger pot for sure. That's the only way I would do that sort of transplant. Anyhoo they all look good from here, those leaf will grow normal after a bit. Lovely day your having, same here worked outside in my garden and did a bunch of maple seedling transplants.

• MeestaFeesha
            MeestaFeesha commented
            Editing a comment
            Ant larvae! I came back out after ~30min, watering must have flooded their underground colony and they moved to the Gelato! I got my spray bottle with some dish soap and sprayed then and again yesterday.

I cut up the pots last year, was quite easy. However, someone had recommended rolling them off (I had done that on smaller pots) so I gave it a shot..took some time and patience, but knocked it out and kept my 7gal bags intact.

A friend simply drops the whole pot into the ground (or larger pot), the roots grow threw most brands (not "smart pot" brand). IDK if the cloth pots can be reused after letting roots grow threw them. Mine are cheap enuf at ~$2.50 each (for the 3 G size) to burn one or 2.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Rwise my fabric pots are too thick but if I did have felt I surely would just cut off bottom poke tons of holes and bury it

• MeestaFeesha
            MeestaFeesha commented
            Editing a comment
            Definitely can be done. Roots will grow through on these ones, I learned last year..the ladies I had on the table grew into it, literally.

Time for yet another horribly infrequent update!

I have been able to bring three little ladies inside+out for the past two months. I cleared space in a spare room and covered the windows, leaving them open and having a floor fan moving air. I've got it just barely not directly on the plants, colder temps have led to some very pretty purple coloring on the leaves and has had some light effect on the buds. These three (2 Wedding Cake, 1 Jack Herer) are looking like they'll be ready to chop sometime this next week. Some cloudy with a fair amount of clear still.

The autoflowers, yea, wasn't too sure what I was doing with these, they're lanky and small..although exactly what my bud had wanted out of them. His idea was to just let em go and do their thing, no excessive nutes/training/topping. I've started giving them Fox Farm Beastie Bloomz and will finish with Cha-Ching. Still have three more seeds to pop before the end of this season, think I'll educate myself better on how most of y'all handle these fun little ones.

Terrible photo-representation of the last 25gal lady, Jack Herer. Noticed she was thirsty as I was heading to bed, remedied it this morning. Honestly, not sure how it will end up. Her Gelato neighbor went hermie and was chopped, Jackie girl is still hanging in limbo between flower+veg. Crossing my fingers, but also preparing for the worst.

Hence, grow cabinet still thriving. Two Larry ladies started from seed found in last year's crop, a Wedding Cake clone from this year and the last set of seeds of Wedding Cake, Gelato and Jack.

Hoping all are healthy and well, Summer is upon us! Thanks for stopping by.
          -Meesta
          Attached Files
          Last edited by MeestaFeesha; 06-21-2020, 12:09 PM. Reason: Couple spelling errors
          Meesta's Grow

Comment

• JohnEmad
            JohnEmad commented
            Editing a comment
            Just starting a Wedding cake from Seedstockers so interested in how they grow and finish. They look great.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X