Slight drooping and leaf tip curling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slight drooping and leaf tip curling

Seeing some slight dropping and one leaf has a dramatic point of “curling.” Plant: 2.5 weeks of veg. Medium: happy frog. pH’ed water: grow nutri, rapid root grow, and hydro nectar nutri. Temp: 70-80F. Humidity: 45-55%. I think it might be because of root binding? Roots are peeking through the drain holes at the bottom. Been in the 1 gal pot for 1.5 weeks. Time to transplant it? Thoughts? Concerns? Anything helps. Thank you ✌️

If they're otherwise healthy, I suppose it could be root bound.
    couple more questions tho..
    1.are they on 24 hour light?
    2. If not, during which part of the cycle did you take the photos?
    I veg on 18/6, and I see a slight droop or "let down" every night just before lights out...they transition from daytime photosynthesis to their night time activities...
    I've experienced plants showing stress under 24/0...

Comment

• Mass117
      Mass117 commented
      Editing a comment
      HighDesertRat, they’re on a 18/6 light cycle. Photos were taken 1bhour prior to lights off after being switched on for 17 hours of the cycle. Thanks

Let us know if it doesn't perk up...I'm not an expert by any stretch....my method is to make sure all the basics are correct first, then I can eliminate those from the list..
    If she keeps drooping, the next thing I'd do is make sure all the roots are nice and white and that the soil is not staying too wet.
    If lights, pH, ppms, proper drainage etc are correct, then maybe start thinking pathogens or deficiencies

Comment

• Mass117
      Mass117 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok. The roots that I can see from the drain holes all around are white. There is good drainage. Water is pH’ed. I have and often spray with Green Cure to eliminate any disease/pathogen. I’m a total beginner that has yet to make my first harvest but I’ve covered all of the basics the best anyone can do. In case if it is too wet, I’m gonna skip watering tonight for it to dry and suck up more water from the soil. The lights will be back on in a few hours so I’ll check and see if it has perked up since then. Tuesday will mark the second week of being in the 1 gal pot so I’m preparing to transplant it ASAP.

Typically leaves curling downward is due to overwatering. The soil should got through wet/dry cycles. And if you are letting the soil get dry in between watering sand feedings then try a smaller volume of water next time. Once corrected, it should look good again. Other than that the plant looks great! 👍
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X