Carbon Filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Carbon Filters

My carbon filter is wrapped with white fabric. Over time this has discoloured and I'm considering washing or replacing. Thoughts, please.

It’s a pre-filter so I have washed them as well, I would believe after several uses and washes, you’d be best to replace it but I have washed 3 times already,

Comment

Washing or replacing the pre filter often will extend the useful lifespan of the filter. If you can visually see dust on the pre filter, then it’s time to react.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Speaking of, How do you know when your carbon filter should be replaced?

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          When the odor you are attempting to remove, passes through the carbon medium and you can still smell it. That’s when it’s time to remove and replace the carbon or just replace the filter unit all together.

Toker1 would rather not wait till I’m stinking up the neighborhood to find out! I heard something about weighing them.

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hmmm. So you plan on attaching and detaching just to check the weight? How often do you plan on weighing them?

Wasn't planning on it, just heard something about it. Would be a drag to come home to find out your grow is no longer stealthy.

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, you can always change them out before they are finished. Up to you. Depends on what is more important to you, spend the cash or risk stealth for a day or less. Keep plenty of spares on hand for continuous operation.

Proactive... keep a spare on hand if you really need to offset any traveling aromas. I don’t know that STANDARD weights could apply since most of its action is by absorption to the pores of the carbon. I would like to find out what the weight differences could be and would be surprised to learn they are significant.

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I mean we are talking molecules added to a 30 - 40 pound filter. Unless you buy a scale that costs more than your entire grow op. You won’t be able to tell by weight alone.

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          So there.... ! Molecules? Really? ....I wonder what that would come out to

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          We are talking milligrams at most. Just a guess.

Thanks. Will get another to have on hand. Can you recommend one? I have the Vortex ProLite and it seemed really expensive. It’s legal where I live but still, I don’t want to advertise.

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I just look for this material inside the filter (Australian virgin activated RC412 carbon). The housing unit is less important. Just as long as it functions properly.

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Toker thanks for that spec

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X