Heat stress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heat stress

I left town for about 4 days and my plants were watered only once during that time. When I got back They looked really bad. In retrospect it wasn't just the lack of water but but also the high temps they were exposed to lack and good air circulation Etc. I have flushed all the affected plants with PH'd water and saw some improvement the next morning. I've also raised the lights a bit. I have not yet started feeding them. Anybody have experience with this situation? Any pointers on what to do and what not to do? Thanks in advance.

you did good raising the lights, if the plants look "sad" just give them some time with the light not so strong, when you see them perking up and reaching for light you can lower it again, they wont grow much or drinnk much water while theyre stunned

Comment

Originally posted by 9fingerleafs View Post
      you did good raising the lights, if the plants look "sad" just give them some time with the light not so strong, when you see them perking up and reaching for light you can lower it again, they wont grow much or drink much water while theyre stunned
      Worthwhile doing any foliar spraying of wilted leaves with plain water to help them out?

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        if you already watered the roots spraying wont do much i think, if you do spray while the lights are on you could create more issues. i would just let the plant recover slowly

I've found that maintaining environmental conditions is just as important as lighting.
      Make sure that you can keep the temps and humidity within acceptable ranges for the type of lighting you're using.
      Pics will also help with any suggestions.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X