When to flip autos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When to flip autos

Knowing when to flip photos is easy. Not sure about autos. I'm two days short of four weeks. How do I know when to flip an auto?
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Don’t , just run them 18/6 til your ready to harvest

Comment

Counterintuitive, Farmall. I understand autos don't need the same photo cycles as regulars. Why no 12/12?
      I also have my solo cup challenges going on. Two are regular. Could be I keep vegging the regulars on the same 18/6 as the autos and flip when I harvest the autos? I would have to transplant into larger pots, when I do, which would put me out of the challenge. I'm cool with that because my challenge plants are freaking cool. My auto challenge is still but a wee thing. Not much hope in her.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

• SmashGuitar
        SmashGuitar commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Gingerbeard IMO generally the more hours of light an auto gets the more bud you get. I run 18/6 untill harvest. You could 12/12 an auto but not as much bud. I would veg 18/6 untill the autos are ready.

Gingerbeard the only reason I am going to run my autos at 12/12 is for the photos in my tent now are large enough/older plants. My autos are 2-3wks till finish I would not do 12/12 on autos for full time seed to harvest. They need lots more light on time. I am going to flip my tent to 12/12 in 10days. My autos will hopefully not be affected by the shortened light at their age. Guess i'll see
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I ran autos 24/0 until the end then let them have some sleep time, it did seem to increase the aromas,,, they will flower out at 24/0

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X