Help with Seed Choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Seed Choice

I plan on starting my first grow in about a month or 2. I have a 400w MH/HPS and a 4x4x6.5" tent that I will be using. I'm looking at strains with high THCV and that help with anxiety/depression and give out a great euphoric high. A lot of these strains seems to be sativa's. Specifically I have been looking at Durban Poison or Tangie. My question is how hard will it be for newbie to grow a sativa in a tent my size? If you think I I can pull it off do you have any tips for growing a sativa in a tent. And if you have any other strains that fit the characteristics I'm looking for and are better suited for indoor growing that would be awesome.

Thanks

Welcome uscman .
    There's a bit of math involved. Being a U man, you'll get it.
    To figure how tall of a plant you can grow:
    1. Height of the tent.
    2. Height of your pot.
    3. Minimum distance between the top of your tent and the top of your light.
    4. Thickness of your light.
    5. Minimum distance between your light and top of your canopy.
    6. Maximum height your plant might get.
    All this information can be found on product websites. Seed companies should tell you easy or hard.
    Lets say you have 4' of height to work with. With LST (low stress training) you can grow a 6' tall plant in that 4' space.
    Start with your measurements then go here.
    Low Stress Training is like bonsai for cannabis plants. Plants are trained to grow flat and wide, which forces them to produce many big buds instead of just one or two. As a result, LST gives you bigger yields without changing your setup!
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Go for autoflowers - easier to control the height - 'Sister Glue' - 'New Glue' - 'Blue Fin' - 'Platinum Kush ' - 'Purple Kush ' - all are mostly indica, as well as being high in the THC as well as having cannabinoids. .
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

GMO cookies also called Garlic cookies. I just finished curing this stuff it's smooth thick smoke with a euphoric spacey high. Damn fine Cannabis.

Comment

I just grew OG Kush, White Widow and Northern Lights. They are all autos and with training are about 22 inches in height but have produced a decent amount of flowers/buds. The high you get is always different than what others say so even if it says "for anxiety" it may be good or bad for you, it is all a personal preference.

In one of my grows I "Inherited" a Wedding Cake plant (feminized, not auto) and it grew to about 36 inches with no training. After drying/curing it for about 2.5 weeks , it smelled heavenly...probably the best smelling weed I have ever come across. The effect was not a whammo type...it was mild and pleasant and did not linger too long (maybe an hour or two), If you can find it it may be one worth trying. it is also known as Pink Cookies and is an Indica crossed between Girl Scout Cookies & Cherry Pie. it has 19-25% THC.
          I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X