Problems with drying and curing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Problems with drying and curing

Because of the temperature (10 ~ 15 seconds), I have harvested the flowers after harvesting for 20 days, they are still soft, they grow well, and I can be sure that it is the correct harvest time! I think it was because my original purpose was (I allowed the flowers to dry in the net after fine sectioning, the surface was no longer too sticky, but it was still heavy when I filled the jar to cure) I wondered how I should recover! Thanks everyone for your comments!

when I dry I measure out 100 grams and put in my drying rack after 2 days I weigh it if it is under 30 grams its dry enough for jars
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a good rule of thumb, so you use the 100grams as a yard stick for the complete grow?

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      And... what is it about old jarheads and early... early mornings .. Semper Fi, brother

• stump
      stump commented
      Editing a comment
      thats a great idea

Great idea there OJ

Comment

Thanks for replying, I now need to know how to save these flowers. They have not grown mold yet, but they are going to mold and how to solve them. Thanks again

Comment

• homegrown
        homegrown commented
        Editing a comment
        whats your RH in the house? If its dry enough you can just leave them out to air dry for a couple more days. My bigger solid buds usually took 2-3 days longer to dry out before i put them in jars.

Thank you, the air conditioner has been turned on, and the problem has been basically solved, but because there are a small amount of white mold spores, I have made the flowers dry enough. I do n’t know if the mold will continue to erupt in dry conditions. This is a lesson for me! Don't make mistakes next time! But I still insist on drying fresh flowers at low temperature. I will put a dehumidifier to ensure that it is dry enough and put it in the pot, because I think it will keep terpenes to a maximum when it is dried at 5-15 ° C in low temperature environment. And big taste! Thanks again! There is another problem. Maybe I did n’t spend much time to observe the growth of the flowering period of the plant. Yesterday, when the flowers were dried in a carton, 5 seeds were accidentally harvested. They came from the same plant. Feminization, maybe bananas appeared in their later stage. I don't know if the harvested seeds can be sown. Will the seeds eventually be bananas?

Comment

The seeds will just be seeds, they may hermie if you grow them you need to watch. IF they are ripe they should grow, they need 4-8 weeks to ripen strain dependent. If they are hard and have colour they should be good to go. If they are white and crush easily they are no good,,,

Edit BTW IF there is mold in the buds I would recommend disposal of them, mold spores are horable for ones health and are not destroyed by burning. /Edit
        Last edited by Rwise; 02-12-2020, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Pull them out of jars place in drying net again inside a empty closet with small fan the fan not directly onto buds
          5x5 tent
          2000 watt Aglex cob series
          Mars SP250
          Six inch carbon filter
          Current grow 2 x ice cream cake, 2 x Torontonian Cookies 2 x shishkaberry and 1 x BC OG all reg​​ seeds

Comment

Originally posted by mingzhu View Post
            Thank you, the air conditioner has been turned on, and the problem has been basically solved, but because there are a small amount of white mold spores, I have made the flowers dry enough. I do n’t know if the mold will continue to erupt in dry conditions. This is a lesson for me! Don't make mistakes next time! But I still insist on drying fresh flowers at low temperature. I will put a dehumidifier to ensure that it is dry enough and put it in the pot, because I think it will keep terpenes to a maximum when it is dried at 5-15 ° C in low temperature environment. And big taste! Thanks again! There is another problem. Maybe I did n’t spend much time to observe the growth of the flowering period of the plant. Yesterday, when the flowers were dried in a carton, 5 seeds were accidentally harvested. They came from the same plant. Feminization, maybe bananas appeared in their later stage. I don't know if the harvested seeds can be sown. Will the seeds eventually be bananas?
            Don't throw it away go get some 99% alcohol and make some oil I'm sure the alcohol will kill any mold spores plus your not wasting all your hard work growing
            5x5 tent
            2000 watt Aglex cob series
            Mars SP250
            Six inch carbon filter
            Current grow 2 x ice cream cake, 2 x Torontonian Cookies 2 x shishkaberry and 1 x BC OG all reg​​ seeds

Comment

Thank you for your comments. I have trimmed the location of mold spores when the flowers are wet and let them look dry. I refilled the jars and kept the jars open more than twice a day for 30 minutes. I smelled it today and there is no mold. The taste (maybe it is found that the processing time is timely), I will continue to observe, if the results are not good, I will choose to make them into oil! Thanks again for the advice! The seeds are hard and plump, dark gray and black, I will try to sow and observe them all! Cheers, good luck to everyone!

Comment

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                Do your research on mold spores and reductions, what I have read is they cannot be removed, and will be in the oil,, all I am saying is be safe! I have allergies and must pay attention to these things,,,

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X