Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need a carbon filter and fan for 1-2 plants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I need a carbon filter and fan for 1-2 plants?

I'm worried about smell once into flowering. Do I need an industrial sized carbon filter? Thanks.

I wouldn't say you need an industrial sized carbon filter but I would suggest using a reasonably sized one (4"-6" depending on tent size) if you're worried about smell.

Comment

You're gonna need a filter. When lights are off in flower, especially late, your shit's gonna reek. If it doesn't, you're not doing it right.
      Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

If you’re worried about smell then you need a carbon filter and fan. They smell good to me but I still use one just to be polite to visitors haha
        4’x4’x6 1/2’ tent, Nextlight Mega, Roots Organics 707 soil in 5 gallon square plastic planters, GH Flora Series Performance Pack nutes alternated with Fish Sh!t in RO water

Comment

Thanks guys. Do you need to place the outtake out of a window like a tumble dryer? Or just into the room the tent is in? I'm worried about damp? Sorry if I sound like a complete noob, but I am! The tent is 60 X 60 x120. Thanks again!

Comment

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you talking centimeters in your tent dimensions?

Yes. Sorry.

Comment

I have a 60x90x120 (I talked meter-ic!) If you haven't grown before, wait to see how things go. You might not have a pungent plant that needs to be depungentated. If people know you smoke, just leave a pipe out. There is a product called ONA (Odor Neutralizing Agent.) All natural. They will hide odor well and you can put them away when you don't need them. If venting exhaust out the window is an option, just run a duct from your tent to the window. My opinion is to wait until you're pretty sure the smell is too much.
            Nothing about your grow is industrial sized. You're pretty close to a micro grow.
            Last edited by Gingerbeard; 02-09-2020, 09:21 PM. Reason: Misspelled depungentated
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

Chris42091 what will you be growing? some strains (check GWE) are naturally low-odour and a filter might not be necessary. my first grow was Northern Light Auto (nirvana) in a tent about the size of yours and the smell was not noticeable at all...

Comment

Hi Chris, you're about to discover what the last few weeks of flowering and the week or so of drying smell like. When I open the door, the aroma pours out of my grow box, which has an attached carbon filter, and straight down the hall. You can smell it all over the house.

I remember a couple summers ago when it was nice and hot outside and 72 inside, I opened the back door and my friend, who was at the bottom of the stairs, said that the smell rolled down the stairs and hit him in the face.

The smell also got outside while I was drying a harvest, through the exhaust fan in the bathroom next to the drying room. Same friend came in and said It stinks something wonderful outside; turn off the exhaust fan.

The goddess Cannabis travels where she wants, seducing humans right and left--unless we restrain her perfume. The aroma is so strong at a certain point in flowering that you get completely mesmerized, she takes over your will, you throw open the windows, calling to all your neighbors, "Come, get medicated with me." That's a dangerous time.
                Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Haha! Thanks guys! 😆

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X