Leds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leds

Wondering if anybody uses LEDS for flowering their buds. If so how has the yield been and which LEDS would you recommend for my grow space 5x18. Looking to spend 300-500 on some good lights. Thanks!

IDK how they work, I want,,, My brother just picked up a Mars TS-1000 for under $160 at a local shop. He will be pleased with it compared to what he was using, even if it isn't the greatest,,, I spot them online for 129,,,,

Comment

Rwise I was looking into them too. I have 2 1000 watt starter LEDS that have been great. Looking to transfer into my bigger space though. Wanted a wider panel. With my 1000 watt. It has produced a 2x2 vegged bushy plant in 10 weeks

Comment

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        My 238W QB style light is super bright and has proven its worth so far. I hear good things from local growers about the newer MarsHydro full spectrum lights which for the price seem like a great value.

I am no expert, on my second grow, I have been using t5 for veg and leds for flower and they seem to do well with leds and with switching.

Comment

dbdDemon what kind of lights are you running?

Comment

I just up graded from blurple to quantum boards worth every Penney. Click my name and find the Quantum Board build post. Mars is decent, but the hlg are outstanding.
          *4x2x6 for veg with HLG65 4000k x3
          ​​​​*2x2x4 for mothers with HLG65 [van helsing, master breath, white mo, pineapple express]
          *custom 4x4 closet for flower with HLG260 + 4' T5 (x4) - agromax bloom led x2 + agromax 6400k florescent x2 {440watt totall}
          *8 site clone bucket with 20w cfl
          You never know when you might need a little C4

Comment

Mars sp250 great light
            5x5 tent
            2000 watt Aglex cob series
            Mars SP250
            Six inch carbon filter
            Current grow 2 x ice cream cake, 2 x Torontonian Cookies 2 x shishkaberry and 1 x BC OG all reg​​ seeds

Comment

260 QB.. 1000 aglex..1000 spider farmer and I still go back to using my 250w metal halide light I must be doing something wrong with those other lights cause I don't get the rapid growth I'm looking for with these lights.idk?

Comment

I’m stuck between SF-2000W led grow light and MARS HYDRO TSW 2000W

Comment

• Mrblu
                  Mrblu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Go with Mars if those are the two you have narrow down to. Look up the SF video review by mygrow. He does par test and the resin coating reduces out put by 3%. Still highly recommended hlg rspec. Little bit more money but it is daylight in a tent.

• JDU
                  JDU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I love my Mars TSW 2000 & TS 600s

You’re not going to get good lights for 3-500 except for High Intensity Discharge lights (HPS or Metal Halide). Good LEDs cost a lot and significantly outperform the cheap LEDs.
                2x4 AC Infinity tent
                Timber 3VL (320 watt from the wall. (previous HID grower)
                FFOF Soil grower, General Hydro Flora Series nutes
                AC Infinity fans (exhaust and oscillating pole fans)

Comment

Walty What are your suggestions for the high performing LEDs ?

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
                    FunkyButtLovin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't think wally is saying that the lights you mentioned are not good but that if you plan on lighting a 5'x18' space with quality LED lighting that you're going to need to spend much, much more than $300-$500. You'd want 6+ of either of those lights to have enough light to be able to properly flower even 3/4 of that space. You're looking at around 2500 true watts of quality LEDs to flower a room that big. Three 1000w HPS fixtures would do it just as well and be a couple thousand dollars cheaper but it will be a bit warmer and will cost a few more pennies per day to run.

How much of this room are you lighting up?

• gbauto
                    gbauto commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If you're trying to light 90 sq ft(5x18) you'll need at least 1800 true watts of efficient diodes(not blurple).
                    Unfortunately, there's no way to do that for $500. You wouldn't be able to do that with HPS because you'd need 4(1k) of them to cover that space.
                    Time for a rethink.

Best advice I ever received was don’t skimp on lighting. I run a Nextlight Mega in a 4’x4’ tent but they are designed to flower a 5x5 footprint. You would need three of them to light your space! That’s considerably more money and it’s performance is on par with double ended 1000 watt HPS but 35% more efficient. Over the long term I believe it pays for itself in energy savings without sacrificing quality of flower. My buddy decided to stick with HPS and he gets awesome results, just pays a higher electricIty bill each month.
                  4’x4’x6 1/2’ tent, Nextlight Mega, Roots Organics 707 soil in 5 gallon square plastic planters, GH Flora Series Performance Pack nutes alternated with Fish Sh!t in RO water

Comment

FunkyButtLovin Only looking to light about half of it. To be honest

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                      SoOrbudgal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      How tall is that ceiling? If I had the spare change and really wanted a new light i'd definetly look into the Nextlight Mega great reviews on them.

Ceiling is 8 ft tall SoOrbudgal

Comment

Originally posted by C420grow View Post
                      Walty What are your suggestions for the high performing LEDs ?
                      I like several, but I’m not an expert. My favorite, and the brand that I just purchased, is Timber. Ask them for a coupon code if you chat online. I went based on ppfd numbers.

Nextlight Mega is a really nice option too....I almost went that way.

You are lighting a lot of space. But if you’re only lighting half I’d order two Fattys or 6 of the 3vl. They can be daisy chained too. Here are three 3VLs covering a 5x5.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	9D969584-BC2A-4EF5-9184-B991F82000A7.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	3.63 MB ID:	374378
                      Last edited by Walty; 02-09-2020, 09:02 PM.
                      2x4 AC Infinity tent
                      Timber 3VL (320 watt from the wall. (previous HID grower)
                      FFOF Soil grower, General Hydro Flora Series nutes
                      AC Infinity fans (exhaust and oscillating pole fans)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X