Best strains for arthritis and MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best strains for arthritis and MS

I have a relative who's been diagnosed with MS. Thankfully, it's been more or less under control. He is just getting his life/career under way and has an infrastructure type of job. He can't indulge, due to constant threat of drug testing. My concern is that if his MS suddenly takes a dramatic turn for the worse, he may need to quit his profession. I would like to either have seeds on hand or be ready to order the best strains to provide some relief. He is famiiar with pot, having been a normal, rebellious teeenager

According to the September, 2019 AARP Bulletin (Headline Article), medical marijuana for MS is second only to back pain. The problem is - They don't list strain, CBD/THC content. Their only conclusion is "it seems to help".

The same thing goes for arthritis. My hands are starting to bother me lately.

So, dear readers - What say you?
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

I suggest ProjectCBD.org - click on "CBD for" and you will find the info you require. Not to say you won't get good info here, just a lot will be anecdotal, not science based.

Comment

Originally posted by quirk View Post
      I suggest ProjectCBD.org - click on "CBD for" and you will find the info you require. Not to say you won't get good info here, just a lot will be anecdotal, not science based.
      AWESOME!!! I'm looking for both, so this is a FANTASTIC lead - Thank You!!
      A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• quirk
        quirk commented
        Editing a comment
        I forgot to add, go to inflammation and browse conditions. Good luck, it sure helped me out.

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        Too bad they don't mention the basic cultivars with the right mix of cannabinoids to treat each type of problem.

Leafly.com has recommended strains to help with MS but there's no explanation of benefits, that I could find...

Comment

This looks promising: https://growersnetwork.org/cultivati...osis-symptoms/

Comment

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting link.
          Thanks

BR2K I cant help with MS but if you get some nettle leaf and make a tea from it.It will definitely help with the arthritis
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

One of the primary CBD oil benefits for arthritis sufferers is its positive effect on pain, and research confirms it. A study published in the journal Pain in December 2017 analyzed whether CBD could prevent osteoarthritis pain and joint neuropathy. Based on their findings, researchers affirmed that it did both because it decreased joint inflammation and served as a protectant to the nerves.
          Last edited by FinleyRhodes; 02-21-2020, 06:15 AM.

Comment

A tenant told me about the egregious cost of his MS medication. To have the utter misfortune of this disease, and then to be preyed on by your fellow man is beyond outrageous.
            "On average, the medicines cost $70,000 per year, according to a 2017 study. Some prices have increased fivefold from when the drugs were first approved by the Food and Drug Administration. Even with insurance, says Ewing-Wilson, patients can be left on the hook for anywhere from $3,000 to more than $50,000 a year.Jan 20, 2020" https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...espite-generic

How much weed will $70,000 buy?

Are you feelin the burn? Are you feelin the Bern?

Comment

• JohnEmad
              JohnEmad commented
              Editing a comment
              Unfortunately most of us have learned that many people do not give a ...about their fellow man. Look at human history. I am thankful for the caring people in my life.

• BR2K
              BR2K commented
              Editing a comment
              My nephew is currently receiving infusions for his MS. It's paid for by his company, thank goodness. The downside is that his job requires drug testing and he can't consume cannabis. My goal is to be prepared, if his condition takes a sudden turn for the worse. I hope to have learned to grow effective CBD/THC cannabis to alleviate some of his symptoms...and perhaps some of mine too.

Originally posted by FinleyRhodes View Post
            One of the primary CBD oil benefits for arthritis sufferers is its positive effect on pain, and research confirms it. A study published in the journal Pain in December 2017 analyzed whether CBD could prevent osteoarthritis pain and joint neuropathy. Based on their findings, researchers affirmed that it did both because it decreased joint inflammation and served as a protectant to the nerves.
            I hope to triumph with my first grow. I will then look at buying a 1;1 ratio of CBD/THC strains, along with some different combinations. It's an exciting time, long overdue, for finding solutions with cannabis!
            Last edited by BR2K; 02-17-2020, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BR2K View Post

I hope to triumph with my first grow. I will then look at buying a 1;1 ratio of CBD/THC strains, along with some different combinations. It's an exciting time, long overdue, for finding solutions with cannabis!
              I wish all the best to you. I'm sure your efforts will be rewarded.

What can I say about your arthritis? We need to know that there are more than 100 types of arthritis, most of them are characterized by inflammation and pain as the main symptoms. However, the causes of any type of arthritis can be different. For example, rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease that occurs when the body attacks the joints. Arthritis, on the other hand, occurs when the joints wear out.

I believe that cbd can be used as an alternative therapeutic aid for arthritis. This news is welcomed by many patients struggling with the unpleasant side effects of the long-term use of traditional arthritis therapy. There are many cbd products that can help with arthritis. Among the popular ones are cbd topicals, cbd oils. They have already proven effective in reducing joint pain and inflammation. So you can choose the best ones for yourself. Only make a decision to try.

Comment

• Farmall
                Farmall commented
                Editing a comment
                Well stated.... my wife has abandoned methotrexate in favor of CBD and is so much better for it. Been over a year now

• JohnEmad
                JohnEmad commented
                Editing a comment
                Finally got some strains with cbd in them. 4 different ratios. I will run my own journals for them as per usual and share what I find. My wife has arthritis in her neck and now hands so hopes are up.

Good tips thank you.
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Arthritis is the reason I started growing. Mine is psoriatic, also an autoimmune disease. Enbrel is $76,080.00 a year ($6,340 per month), and all I can say is thank God for good insurance and good weed.

Comment

Eat your water leaf fresh off your plant.
                  You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Farmall
                    Farmall commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ‘ it’s so tasty too”...’just like candy”. The Vitameatavegamin episode I Love Lucy

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X