Bud washing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bud washing

I just read about bud washing, it seems crazy to me, but from what I have read I am now questioning whether to do it or not. My grow is indoor with filters on the air intakes but I open the room often and also wear my pajamas while inside. Is it worth it? Does it work? Do you notice reduced integrity of buds or increased smoothness or any other positive or negative effects?

Outdoors, you’ve got bugs, bird shit, particulate air pollution ( especially in developed areas) and trichomes handled gently in washing can be a good thing. Indoors, I don’t believe you need to be concerned.

Comment

Thanks farmall, you are always so quick with reply, I appreciate it for sure...So I know my grow is very clean, my house is very clean and the grow areas are cleanest. I figured washing wasn't necessary to remove dirt, the one question I am left with is, other than removing debris from the flowers are there any other benefits to washing them?

Comment

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        I have no social life and my computer is on a stand by my recliner...something pops up....BAM ! I’m on it ! ⚡️..... actually, just lucky I guess. Glad to help

Typically people wash when they had issues. Like harvesting a WPM infested plant. Personally I just toss away any bud with any type of infestation. It’s a quality issue. I am only supplying myself these days. Lol
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Some people do the bud washing for WPM but i personally would just trash it. Indoors is a personal preference and i wouldnt really bother unless you live in a dusty environment or they got dirty somehow. I live in a desert and i tried it once and did see a lot of sand even tho its an indoor grow. It doesn't really seem to affect buds much. Some people say it makes the smoke smoother. They get wet in nature right? Look up pigeons420 on youtube. He has multiple videos on the topic about why he does it and how.
        640 watt hlg quantum board
        320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
        300 watt mars hydro sp3000
        150 watt hlg quantum board
        100 watt spider farmer led x2
        organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
        Water only i don't check ph
        6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

Thanks Toker1 and Cloud. I have no wpm or any other issues besides a few late to show deficiencies so I will not be washing. That said, I have several outdoor harvests without washing also, I guess I was just curious that I was missing out on a way to better my harvest.

Comment

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            To better your final product focus on dry/cure. Keeps temps low (60-68F) and RH around 55% (+/- 5%) for drying. Long term storage around the same (maybe a little lower temps).
            They make bags that enhance the flavor that people on here are currently experimenting with. Seem to get good reviews. I’ll see if I can dig up that link.

• FunkyButtLovin
            FunkyButtLovin commented
            Editing a comment
            I got you Toker1 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ightech-curing I'm switching to them next week.

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks!! That link was exactly what I was thinking about.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X