New growth is dry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New growth is dry

Hi I was gifted some plants I'm trying to save they've been threw alot lol I just got rid of gnats and have the plant tied down but I've noticed new grow is curling and kinda dry any thoughts for me?

Get your humidity up...if it's low...

Comment

Humidity goes up and down from about 70 to 40 because I put on a little heater at night

Comment

Humidity goes up and down from about 70 to 40 because I put on a little heater at night I just started spraying with plain pH water today these plants have all kinds of issues so it's hard to pin point one thing

Comment

• St.buds
          St.buds commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not sure how to take a screenshot with my phone

• Green75
          Green75 commented
          Editing a comment
          Google it..

• St.buds
          St.buds commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool it worked thanks green thts a pic of 2 of the plants earlier today the light is about to go on and I'll get some close-ups on the tips

Comment

Damn dude...looks like you got bugs...go to top of forum front page and click on diagnose sick plants...see what you you see...look for bugs underneath of leaves and everywhere...

Comment

• St.buds
            St.buds commented
            Editing a comment
            Was giving these plants with fungus gnats

• St.buds
            St.buds commented
            Editing a comment
            No bugs under leafs just fungus gnats I think I get them all but then I'll see one or two flying around fuck man almost just want to trash these

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Poor babies...

Comment

Comment

you keep seeing them pop up because they are in your medium...eggs hatch and they come up..get some .... diatomaceous earth...and some gnat nix...you got them bad...destroying your roots...

What is your medium...

Comment

• Green75
                Green75 commented
                Editing a comment
                There are other products as well...

• St.buds
                St.buds commented
                Editing a comment
                Dnt have money for gnat nix at the moment been watering with crushed up mosquito dunks and even tryd hydrogen peroxide to kill the eggs my medium is half Coco half backyard soil but the the plants were in small containers filled with mirical grow and I think horse shit

Looks like russet mite damage from the glossy leaves. Could also be aphids. Bottom line, the roots are in trouble. I'd go nuclear or cull them.

Comment

I agree it looks like broad/russet mites Example of leaf damage from broad mites or russet mites

The twisting leaves is one of the signatures. Example of twisted new growth caused by cannabis broad mites

It can be hard to spot the bugs since they spend a lot of their lives inside the plant

Comment

• St.buds
                  St.buds commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank u for the reply I use soaps and neem oil but the plants dnt seem to change these plants r bag seed gifted to me I have two grow rooms ones in week 7 flower do u think I should just trash these plants or try to save them?

Soaps and neem oil isn't going to help much with how advanced the infestation is. You'd need a strong root drench to kill them off.

As far as culling them goes... It all depends on your situation.. in my case, I'd scrap them and start over. But I have several seeds and plan to order more, so this isn't an issue for me.

Best case scenario, you get rid of the mites but the damage has been done. I have a hard time believing anyone could get a good yield from the extent of damage you have.

Consider the time and electricity cost vs potential gain.

Comment

Thanks everyone plants have been put out of there misery and spread out threw the backyard

Comment

RIP lil plant...
                  Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                  2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                  Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X