Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I scared myself enough to finally change my poles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I scared myself enough to finally change my poles!

Imagine unzipping the tent and then your light comes crashing down...

Wow..not even a complete weld..just a couple of tack welds.(YA thats good enough..put some paint on it and ship it. ffs) Your PVC reconstruction will last ten times longer..lol
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

Comment

• homegrown
      homegrown commented
      Editing a comment
      Any damage to your plants??

• RFheavy
      RFheavy commented
      Editing a comment
      My light didn't fall. I actually had a metal shelf in there with my light on it. Now I can take the shelf out and I have so much room, but more importantly, peace of mind!

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      The tact welds don't bother me as much as the stress points on the corners they cut out to insert that vertical pole into. 😬

Good job brother. Sure looks like a professional did it. I worry about it myself sometime specially when I add the filter in flower. I also hang my exhaust fan from them.

Comment

• RFheavy
      RFheavy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! PVC is nothing scary! Measure and cut. If you ever want to try it and have questions, shoot me a message!

Just wondering if you used PVC sealant glue on those 3&4way connections?
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      I would not glue it, but I would put a small screw into each connection. Schedule 20 seems to work loose over time, schedule 40 holds better (I guess from vibration).

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      RagWeedDWC set screws as described can back out on their own as well. Unless you apply locktite and glue the screw into its place. Either way, you still have to use it.
      RFheavy if you plan on making this your permanent structure, then yes I would glue the pvc together or you can place a set screw the way ragweed describes then glue in that set screw. Just so the structure holds itself together over a long period of time.

• RFheavy
      RFheavy commented
      Editing a comment
      I will glue it first thing when i g3t home. Thanks!

Once you glue it, there is no going back and someday disassembling it. I'm going to visually inspect the joints in my tents going forward.

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, you can always cut the pvc poles and the re-couple them later. That’s what is great about pvc. Easy to manipulate like this.

Hey RFheavy did you reuse the connectors or are those pvc? If you bought them seperatly where did you find them? I checked at home depot and couldn't find any

Comment

althought some manufacturers add uv blocking agents to thermoplastic material, if you are incorporating some uv in to your grow i would be sure to cover the plastic with some material like foil or something.
    Last edited by wibe; 02-05-2020, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• RFheavy
      RFheavy commented
      Editing a comment
      No uv...yet...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X