pH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pH?

Is this yellowing a pH thing? Please tell me that's all it is. Then I just stop using vinegar for pHing.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

The vinegar says you have high PH, the yellow in the veins reminds me of sulfur deficiency. If it starts in the vein and works into the leaf she may need sulfur. Sulfur is also good for reducing PH over time, it mixes with water and produces sulfuric acid which is what reduces the PH.
    BTW I have used vinegar to PH with and found it to be temporary at best, only lasting a few hours and then the PH is right back where it was again.
    Pete moss (PH 3.5) can be cut into the soil for reduced PH as well,,,
    If the PH is to far out you may have lock out,,, What does the PH rise to?

Comment

put some coke in instead of vinegar.. the sugars will feed microbes vs vinegar acting to eliminate them.

Comment

A gallon of orange bottle pH down stayed at 6.5 all night. The stuff will remove your fingerprints and tastes like burning. I'm not going to smell it. That seems counterproductive.
        It took just a little too long for me to realize vinegar only temporarily stay's at a good pH. Not just in a container, but in the soil. So I've been giving my plants heavy pH variations. It's orange drink from here on out.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          The orange PH down contains ph buffers that help stabilize. Vinegar has none.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X