Funky grower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funky grower

I picked up some kens GDP from new420 guy and popped 4 for a decent pheno selection. 3 of the 4 ended up normal. 1 is a funky grower. Anyone ever seen one grow in this way?
    They were all treated the exact same way. I did have a small outbreak of fungus gnats, but I seemed to have put a stop to that. I have not seen any in a while. I’m wondering if a larva munched on my roots or what caused this.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

I call that a pin head. It may very well grow out of it.

Comment

Good luck I grew the auto version from him.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Toker, they all look a little over-stretched. I tried something different on my last set of seedlings: I set a bucket inside my grow box and put the seedlings on top of the bucket so they'd be closer to the light. And sure enough, they grew faster without so much stretch.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah it was my first time using my new quantum board LED light for seedlings. I was used to cfl for this process. I think I started it off too far above the canopy. Lesson learned, but I was planning to fail with the least amount of risk possible in this process.
          The stretch I can deal with. Im wondering why the growth came in like that on the one. Is it genetic potentially?

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Toker1 From your description of the process, it sounds like this one is the weakest link. BUT: wait and see; she might bounce back, and wouldn't that be nice. We tend to blame ourselves when we get a weak seed...

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah... to start at the very beginning I popped 5 but only 4 made it to develop leaves. I thought that one that didn’t make it was the weak seed. No problem. I’m actually thinking this might be a genetic mutation. I know there was plenty of backcrossing Ken Estes had to do to develop this particular strain. I was more or less wondering if any one else had any experiences like this.

So the 3 normal ones came in just fine with their leaves (first sets, and seconds). The one in question didn’t start to develop what looks like might be leaves until the rest were on their seconds. All 4 popped their first tap roots with in 24 hours of each other. Until recently growth pace was all 4 on the same track.

Comment

Spidermite you ever seen this type of funky growth on a sapling? It’s Kens GDP. Popped 5, 1 didn’t make it to grow leaves. 3 grew leaves just fine like normal. They are making their 3rd set right now. This one seems to be struggling and the growth reminds me of some sort of genetic mutation. What do you think?

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
            FunkyButtLovin commented
            Editing a comment
            That one is pretty funky. I have an Expert Gorilla auto right now that's starting strange.

• Spidermite
            Spidermite commented
            Editing a comment
            It is a bit abnormal but should not have a significant result on the total yield of that plant. And by abnormal all I mean that you can end with one of those pretty often if you start alot of seeds. I have yet to have a seed that sprouted to just fail. I'll bet 10 quarter pound grocery bags that it does well.

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah. Eventually to the road of recovery, right. The growth has been slow at best. I’ll keep an eye on her.

Toker1 I have certainly praised my led lighting setup for almost 1 year now but I can’t get the best startup without cfl‘S for the first 3 weeks and then switch. I just makes them start off tight and strong. Any time I’ve started directly with led, they get skinny and stretched.... for what it’s worth

Comment

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! I just added extra blue cfls today. Hoping that limits the stretching a little bit. Although I’m not too concerned about a little stretch because these are only going to be mother plants. Now if I were planning on flowering them it would be more of an issue.
            Thanks again for the info!

• Farmall
            Farmall commented
            Editing a comment
            You are an accomplished grower so I know you had this.. I’m confirming that I get tall and lanky stretched seedling whenever I start off with led. Something In the light spectrum intensity at that stage of development makes them reach out. Would be nice to find out someday. Whose got time for that. As long as Home Depot has them I may go pick up a few more 6500k just in case ...hard to find incandescent bulbs like a few yrs ago

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            My guess it’s due to all the red spectrum in the LED. My cfl is 6500k or 6000k. I cant remember now. But yes, way more available light in the blue spectrum for my cfl.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X