Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Experience with uv steriliser?

Hi there,
    I was having trouble with root rot in dwc so i come up on a uv-steriliser used in aquaria.
    Anyone of you experience with that, does it work or would you advise against it ?
    Afbeeldingsresultaat voor uv steriliser aquarium
    Greetings!

I dont know anything about dwc, but i use one of those in my pond for green water/algae blooms. I think it kills the algae when it runs past the light. But, i dont know what effect it will have on your grow system.
    im sure somebody with experience will chime in here. and welcome to GWE blowoutphase
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

Comment

It should kill your algae problem but I would suggest looking at fixing the "why you have a algae problem first".
      I would also look at what beneficial thing that you don't want removed that the UV will effect. My understanding is you have to reintegrate things back in to your water after using UV on it.
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Hi blowout, I didn't know about those, I went with 1/10 HP chillers for my reservoirs.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0902.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	371804
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Howdy blowoutphase, As Mr. Furley says "...correct the conditions that caused the algae...". There should be ABSOLUTLY NO light leaks into the reservoir (including , covering up the clay pebbles in the net pots), the water needs to be well aerated, and the water temperature should be kept below 70° F. I have been doing this during the last four or five grows and have not had ant problems with root rot. I insulate the reservoirs and use ice bottles *periodically replaced) to keep the water temperature between 64° F and 70° F.
          Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

I would suggest using h2o2 first. If you want to kill everything including any beneficial bacteria. Only issue with a DWC grow that is completely bacteria free will result in bland tasting buds.
            4x4 600w HID empty for summer
            3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
            2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
            running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              That may be true, but there is a symbiotic relationship the plants have with beneficial bacteria. The flavor really comes out when you get away from a completely sterile reservoir. Check out bio buckets. This is the closest hydro gets to matching the flavor of organic soil grown. IMO.

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Toker1 I looked up bio buckets: fascinating stuff. I have lots of beneficial bacs in my reservoir. The sterile reservoir idea never really made sense to me...

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Agreed!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X