Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! nute burn and epson salts :(

Hello

we are new to indoor grow and are having trouble with indoor vs outdoor growing both in our thinking and methods

on 18/1/20 I gave plants 1 c each of epson salts + normal growzilla vege liquid feed + worm castings (outdoors an ok feed) ..but
    2 days later the leaves looked burnt and brittle

we flushed out plants with water that evening
    we plucked ALOT of leaves from plants

now some of the leaves are starting to do 1 of 2 things
    either the curl up along the edges or the yellow edges as in the photos

I have been misting with either water or a weak liquid seaweed ...that seemed to help
    the base of the plants soil is heavy and wet - while the tops are dry

i watered very lightly last night 28/1/20

we have been closely monitoring for heat and have plenty of fan action to keep the area in the desired range .
    the plants have 18 light & 6 dark hours

the colour is slightly washed out in the photos ... the plants that have healthy growth are much greener than the pix looks

We'd really appreciate some advice please

thank you
    ripple

If your soil is drying out too fast on top you could just have small plants in big pots. Water less until the roots grow more. Or they could have poor drainage. What is your soil mix? Also that sounds like a lot of salt. I use 3Tbs Himalayan sea salt /gal of water once a month. (That's a foliar feeding & I grow in soil so it's the only fertilizer I use)
    Last edited by JDU; 01-28-2020, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Hey-ya ripple Even on my outside plants I don't use more than a tablespoon per gallon, no more than twice a month. Plus all that other stuff? I guess my two cents is to stop. Dry about a good bit. Get circulation under your pot to help dry it out. Not over the pot as it is already dry. Someone else is going to correct me on that last sentence.

I'm curious to see what others think about using ES during flowering. The sulfate of magnesium sulfate makes me twitchy. I've had a handful of grams that tasted like dabbing brimstone with fire. Does sulfur remain in plants, so some extent, even with good flushings? I know some folk burn sulfur to control insects. Pretty sure that might be another source of foulness.
      Last edited by Gingerbeard; 01-28-2020, 09:22 PM.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

ripple by 1 c do you mean 1 cup? If so look up magnesium toxicity. A flush may help,,,
        If you use tap water for your plant/s you have plenty of magnesium and calcium.

Comment

If it was a " cup " of Epsom salts need to flush flush flush with plain water. Recommended dose per MF instuructions 1-2 tablespoons per gallon of water.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

thank you all for your replies
            some i am having trouble with ... must be non NZ references to some ferts , lights, and below
            Molasses
            Straws
            FoSoHoApo

I sure did a whopping bad deed by using the epson salts ...but I am managing to rescue the gals ..poor things

so - how often when growing in soil do the successful growers feed their plants ??

thanks J x

Comment

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi @ripple.
              Yeah, let me clear that up.
              I was using General Organics GO Box nutes with black magic soil. I used the nutes every time I watered. A cool thing about these particular nutes is there is no need to worry about pH
              Molasses is often used at the end of flowering to help improve bud quality.
              I've been experimenting with using plastic drinking straws to germinate.
              FoSoHoApo is an acronym for 'Four Solo Horsemen of the Apocalypse' which is a play on the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Some Bible thing.
              Find my posts in the link below. That's where it all starts. Subsequent pages have updated pictures.
              It's the 2020 Grow Weed Easy.com Forum Grow off. Because of NebulaHaze and SiriusFourside we have the best access for sharing and growing cannabis. From the Website to the Fourm we are part of the best resources for Growing weed on the internet. A big thanks goes out to the both of them for they continued support to host

Good soil has all the nutrients you need. I never fertilize.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X