Temperature output of 315W LEC light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperature output of 315W LEC light

Forgive my ignorance. I intend to have a closet tent grow 2' X 4' X 5'. How much will my light increase the temperature in the tent?
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

hi br2k,

i've got a tent 1.5m x 3.0m x 2.2m with two 315W ceramic lights.
    those raise the temp of the room that tent is in by about 7C, the room being about 3.5m x 8m x 2.7m.
    extractor fan is rated for 870m3/hr.

What do you have for extraction?
    GreenQube 1.5m x 3.0m x 2.2m tent
    2x CDMH 315W lights
    870m3/hr fan
    8 x 42L DIY DWC buckets, 2 airstones each

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingDutchPaddy View Post
      hi br2k,

i've got a tent 1.5m x 3.0m x 2.2m with two 315W ceramic lights.
      those raise the temp of the room that tent is in by about 7C, the room being about 3.5m x 8m x 2.7m.
      extractor fan is rated for 870m3/hr.

What do you have for extraction?
      Wow! Quite the setup you have there. I have a 6" Cloudline Mixed Flow Duct Fan for extraction. I only have One 315W LEC and I may add my 128W (actual) COB LED, if necessary.I will also have Dyson tower fan to keep a gentle breeze oscillating. Thanks for your reply!!
      Last edited by BR2K; 01-28-2020, 02:53 PM. Reason: additional detail
      A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

i have a 315W LEC is 2X4X5 tent. i also have 2 6" fans for circulation and a 6" exhaust fan which is currently connected to a hummidistat (50-60% RH range). max temp is ~85F during the "day".

Comment

The correct answer is approximately 1075 BTU of heat comes from 315 watts of electricity used.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            It really depends on which bulb you are using. If we are discussing top of the line then the order goes like this... COB/Quantum Board highest output, HPS second highest output, CMH/MH third, and blue-purple LED dead last. Don’t go by the PAR rating. They have not specked out a proper PAR benchmark for Cannabis yet. The par reading you might be referencing could be good light/spectrum for lettuce or whatever they are using for comparison.
            Best way to judge a light for Cannabis is by looking at how many lumens per watt. Or how many micro moles/ joule.

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Really appreciate all the good info Toker1

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            No prob. Anytime.

Hm, I guess there's NO truth to the rumor that stoners are unintelligent. You guys are BRAINIACS Although it's Winter, I want to have the warm weather temps figured out too. You guys went a long way in helping me with that endeavor - Thanks folks!!!

Comment

I’d suggest that like my 4’x4’x 7’ with a 315LEC, as long as you’re venting you’ll have no real issues. Especially using the 6” cloudline. All winter long in a 60 degree F warehouse, the tent was 61-64. During a test to see how well the ventilation was working, I’d switch it off and forgot about it for near 12 hours and the internal temp was 92... so, keep your vent running BTW, the t-6 was on it lowest setting...moving air slowly

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X