Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideas for adding filters to intake vents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas for adding filters to intake vents?

My tent has very fine mesh screens on the intake vents that are getting clogged after only 2 weeks with the fan on. I need to add filters. Also need light blocking at the vents so they need to work for both. Was thinking about cutting rectangles out of 3/8” carbon filter material for air purifiers but I haven’t come up with a good idea for attaching them to the tent. I‘d rather not tape them on. The loop side of the Velcro is on the tent side so the filter won’t stick to it. Also not sure if adhesive/hook side Velcro would stick to the filter. I’m sure I’ll need to remove these to wash and replace them. Any ideas would be welcome.

I would look into pre-filters. They keep dust out of window AC units. I cut slivers and nailed them over the vents on my wall. How to attach to a tent with no tape?? That’s a good question. If there is enough slack on the tent, maybe you can use binder clips to attach to the tent.

https://www.acehardware.com/departme...YaAsjREALw_wcB
    Last edited by Toker1; 01-27-2020, 09:27 PM.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

By some rare earth magnets and you can use one inside and one outside to hold the filters in place. I use the carbon filters for Holmes air purifiers.

this is 10x8 I think and I use two on my inlet. Doesn’t completely block light but does a pretty good job.
    4x4 flower tent
    sour dream
    Blue Diesel
    Trainwreck
    platinum Girl Scout cookies

2x4 veg tent
    Green Dream
    Sour Dream
    blue dream
    Freakshow

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Fantastic idea! Problem solved.

I bought a 20" x 25" x 1" hepa filter, level 10, the best offered at the hope depot, it was like $20. i cut it to fit over my tent vents, and stuck it on with velcro. my tent is inside a small room. 1 door, 1 window, which i covered with rigid insulation, and cut out a hole for the exhaust vent. so it seems like a very clean room, but within 2 weeks, the filter was black. it's amazing how much dust is in the air we breath.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah we have a bunch of cats and my vents clog pretty quickly.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X