Stem color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stem color

Hello everybody,, I know some strains have normal purple stems,, is the white widow one of these or should it be green?

I have had only 1 WW (auto) it was green,,, got pics?

Comment

Comment

See purple stem below my finger

Comment

Normal lighting helps on the pics, everything looks purple with your light, and it (the purple) can come from the light as well.
          What are you feeding her? What grow medium?

Comment

Well so true...anything looks purple in those lights but the stem your showing looks pretty normal to me. It’s when the stem ( stalk) turns that you may need to react

Comment

I get purple stems from temps being lower in lights out, I don't worry unless the leaf itself looks rotten. Then it's root issue. My 2cents
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I have a WW going for the solo cup and it is indeed very green. The Gorilla girls however are very red. I'm told it is a trait they have.
                TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
                EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
                AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
                IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

I have 3 WW, all of them have some slight purple coloring on their stems.
                  4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
                  GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
                  Second.Grow​​
                  PC.Grow
                  Grow.3
                  4th.Grow
                  I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

Well guys idk if I’m cutout for this,, definitely lot more difficult than I thought,, mad respect for all you guys that have mastered grows,, I will continue with this but maybe not try it again,

Comment

Once you have your system figured out it gets easier and the grows get better. Depends why you want to grow? Me it's to know how , where its grown. Save $ long term and have safe, quality supply. Of course having this forum makes it much easier.

Comment

I agree with JohnEmad. Knowledge is power and in this commodity knowing how it all goes together, especially that you use the medicine, makes you a supreme leader in your environment. You know everything about your product from the start. I’ve gone into licensed dispensaries and I will never learn the specifics of what I may have walked out with. Not the spot of mold that was picked of the corner, not the chemicals involved to increase the yield, not the pesticides or even the beneficial elements that may be an asset for me.... the way it’s done here...you have got it all

Comment

Hey Pick don't get discouraged, it's like any hobby takes practice. Some of us were born into it others found a way that works FOR THEM. We learn from each other some times we have the answers sometimes it's guesses but we all grew crappy weed at one time. Heck I've got purple stems on 2 plants now I don't worry unless I see rotten leaf or problems with drainage. Some strains are purple stem naturally. I grow weed to save on buying. I like the hobby and challenges. Best of luck, sure hope your learning cause it makes a difference each time you grow you get more confidence.
                          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                          indoor/outdoor grower
                          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X