Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are people putting between large 100+ gallon geo pots and the tent floor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL What are people putting between large 100+ gallon geo pots and the tent floor?

I have a 150 gallon geo pot with living soil liner, been tempted to abandon the idea a bunch of times in lieu of 15 gallon containers, but I feel like I should be true to what I wanted and give it a shot.

My question is in regards to raising the fabric off the direct floor? The thing is gonna weigh hundreds and hundreds of pounds so something as simple as a "pot riser" doesn't exist, that I've seen. I thought of trying to find some kind of heavy duty metal rack or something. Someone else mentioned using a flood tray and a special kind of gravel?

Putting it on a raised square grid with castors won't be possible as it's inside a tent and won't be mobile

Would love to hear or see what anybody growing in 100+ gallon pots that don't move are doing

Cheers!

Why not just assemble a small grid of 2x4s or 4x4s and at least keep some air space under it. I’d think it’s not going to be mobile no matter what you do besides a pallet lift
    or just lay a few 4x4s about 6” apart and place the pot on it

Comment

Galvanized fencing panel and 2x2's
      most use that size pot outside and just let it ride on the ground or fabric ground cloth
      Last edited by Mr.furley; 01-27-2020, 12:37 AM.
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Steel galvanised uni-strut. I made a rack from it and its strong stuff.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          yup that would work lol

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Sheesh that would holdup a house LOL

• GreenState
          GreenState commented
          Editing a comment
          I can remember using unistrut back in the early 80's to build temporary office partitions (cubicles (g)). Neat stuff, had tons of options, the ultimate erector set(g). I'm glad you mentioned it, I'll have to see how it's progressed. Hadn't thought of it since the early 80's..., hmmm, I was in Colorado.

I would use some bricks and a piece of old plywood drill holes in it so water runs off its good for a couple of years anyways
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

there is a youtube grower called herbin farmer that usually grows in one big ass fabirc pot. i dont know if he rises it but he has pvc tubes to water from below and has a lot to learn from

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X