Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fox Farm Ocean Forest

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

I’m using FF Ocean Forest for the first time, and hear it’s pretty rich. When do most of you start nutrients with this type of medium? I plan on using Mega Grow nutes.
    Current Grow:
    • Amnesia Auto Fem (Advanced Seeds) (1 gal contestant)
    • NYC Diesel (Advanced Seeds)
    • Strawberry Cheesecake (Seedsman)
    ​​​​Nutrients
    • Dr. Earth Organic dry amendments
    • Bloom City Organic- Foilar Spray, Cal Mag, Silica Boost, and Root Stimulator
    • Incredible Bulk Organic Bloom Booster
    • Dr. Earth Golden Bloom Organic Flower Enhancer
    • Black Strap Molasses
    • Mega Crop all purpose nutrients
    • Flower Fuel bloom booster

Wow that really depends on a lot of things. Just look at the plants leaves, when they start to pale she needs to eat.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I've heard FFOF has enough for 4 to 6 weeks, pretty much enough to get through veg.There are various factors that could shorten or extend that time so keep an eye on the plant. Start with half dose of nutes and watch plants response when you do finally start them and work up from there. Keep in mind sometimes less is more.

Comment

I use FFOF, and you are correct. You don't need to worry about feeding right away. There are some things to think about, for example, are you adding more perlite? Are you growing from seed or from clones? I'd say from seed than you are good for a few weeks, probably.

If I am stressing the plants with some topping, trimming and training, or giving them 24X7 light they eat more, or maybe better said need to eat more to deal with the stresses, I find.

In general Toker1 said it - the plants will tell you, but while you are getting the hang of it - my $0.02 is don't feed seedlings for a few weeks after transplanting (5 gl? 10 gl?) using FFOF.

Post pics! There is a LOT of cumulative growing knowledge on the site and many people generous with their knowledge and experience. It is how I have been (and continue to) learn.
        :-)

Comment

I emailed Fox Farms a while ago about this and they said don’t feed for 2-4 weeks after transplanting.

Comment

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s s good benchmark. But don't take it as gospel. It really depends on a lot of variables. Imagine a small plant in a large container could go longer. How long? Depends on how large the container is. You get it.
            Also, some plants just need more nutes than others do. If you are growing a strain for the first time go by what the plant tells you. Not by the weeks.

Toker1 I think your’s is good advice. If I keep watch on them and get to know my plants they’ll usually tell me what’s going on. Previously I’ve started with 8” clones transplanted into 15 gal soil pots and I’ve had good luck waiting about 3 weeks to feed.

Comment

I started with FFOF for first 30 days with no nutes until the first transplant. After transplant with fresh FFOF soil I did not need nutes for another 30 days. My plants came out beautiful. All this done before flower.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X