Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardwater

Hi..Has anyone ever come across hardwater with ec 1.1
    this is after being left in an open top bucket for 48hrs...my ec meter is brand new & has been calibrated. It works perfectly!!(blue lab)

No, I've got real soft water where I live. You are prolly gonna have to buy water for your garden...
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I've got pretty hard tap water, pushing week 7 of flower and its never been an issue in soil. Never EC 'd but was coming in at 8.6 pH out of the tap. I bring that down to 6.8 ish, but don't filter it. The minerals that make water hard vary from place to place but for me it's like free cal / mg.

Comment

my tap water is 700ppms or 1.4EC straight from the deep well, i dilute 1:1 with RO water to get a 350ppm starting water and then add nutrients to 900-1000ppm or 2ec

Comment

Thx guys..gonna mix it 1:1 with ro bring down the ec..thx for the advise 9fingerleafs

Comment

Just an FYI, leaving tap water in an open bucket top does not remove the chlorine by gassing it off. Modern day water uses a different process then gassing chlorine into it.
            I am just assuming that’s why it was left out for 48 hours.
            4x4 600w HID empty for summer
            3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
            2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
            running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• jimicloudstuff
              jimicloudstuff commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea, lots of places use cloramine these days. Never gases off but can be neutralized with ascorbic acid or filtered. My town switched over a month or two ago, one of many things got me thinking about a well.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X