Incandescent bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incandescent bulbs

Can plants see an incandescent light bulb? I know they won't grow a plant but will they disrupt a sleep schedule?

Yes. I had a 60 watt incandescent light bulb 75-100 feet away from my outdoor plants and it screwed up the flowering cycle. I know outdoor plants can take the light from a full moon but I don’t know how much light is too much so I just shoot for total darkness.

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Woah wait. I just caught that- 100ft? Well then hell between the one neighbor's driveway & the other ones led motion floods shining into the yard an outdoor grow isn't gonna happen & a heat source is a mute point. Dammit.

Hmmm. Ok then I'm open to suggestions as to a heat source. I'm gonna throw a bunch of small plants outside into a makeshift greenhouse to flower while the natural light still supports flowering.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Harbor freight has small greenhouses really cheap. They’re pretty flimsy but they would probably last a few seasons and they’re cheap. You could maybe just throw a big black tarp over it at night as long as it blocks light. Might make it easier to keep warm at night too. Funky solution but it would be cheap.

It’s cold and humidity that will be the issue. Best to have some type of oil heater.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Mmmmm..... Fire hazard or runnin outta fuel while I'm asleep.... it's gotta be electric.

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Statistically speaking, more fires are caused by electric heaters than oil ones.
        If you don’t mind dumping a bunch of cash into your electric bill, sure. If your bank roll is limited like mine, you will find the oil on s are more efficient.

Cannabis plants are very sensitive to light pollution. Very little light or even reflection of light can disturb their sleep.
      2.5 x 2.5 tent
      Viparspectra PAR600
      4" Fan & Filter
      Coco-Perlite
      GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
      1x Cream Cookies
      1x Pineapple Express
      1x Northern Lights
      1x White Widow

Comment

Yes an "electric oil heater" like these

Comment

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh lol. Thanks. I obviously pictured something quite different. I'll have to look n see if they have smaller ones.

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly!!

My friend had his plants messed up by his next door neighbors backyard motion detector.

Comment

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          I can see that happening here for sure

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X