I don't git it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't git it

I'm tryin to figure out how the flip is gonna work.... My light suggests 18- 24in from the canopy to veg & 12- 18 to flower. I have it at 26in cause the leaves curl at 22.
    My question then is- won't dropping the light to the recommended 12-18in height & increasing the hrs it's on just gonna fry the plants???

Are these the new lights you bought?

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes sir. Mars 2000 & 2 of the 600s are due today.

• RFheavy
      RFheavy commented
      Editing a comment
      I would love to see them in all it's glory!

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      It'll probably be seen from Portland!!! Haha The 2000 hurts my eyes just looking at the reflective floor!!

Are the fans to strong heat too much ? That's a lot of light. I keep my 2 450 vipars almost at what is recommended but i'm familiar with them now. I will just raise or lower plants to gain height or lessen stretch. Hmm JDU may want to tone down with the light intensity till you find a happy spot? You'll figure this out
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear ya. My thinking was- the 2000 claims it will flower a 3x3 area. I've always stayed in 1/2 of a 4x6 tent but these stick out past the center pole quite a bit so I figured I need another. At rhe sale price I got 2 600s (flowering 1.5x1.5) & figure if I ever need to I can cover most of the 4x6 tent.
      Last edited by JDU; 01-24-2020, 06:34 PM.

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      The fans could be too strong.... temp is always under 80 since I switched.

More confusion....
    How can the 3000 give 1000 more watts than the 2000 yet only give another ft coverage? & the 150 gives the same 2x2 footprint as the 600 & the 250 has a 2x4???
    I'm startin to think that the numbers are nothing more than names or catalog reference.
    Last edited by JDU; 01-24-2020, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Those numbers are written by salesfolk JDU. Be a good capitalist and don't ask questions.

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahhh... gotcha lol.
      Y'all do know how to tell when a salesman is lieing right? His lips are moving. 🤣

The model numbers don't represent exact wattage and in the case of the 600/1000/2000/3000 models it is no where near the power that is implied. The TS-3000 is actually 450w and the TSW-2000 is 300w. A 4x4 tent is 16 square feet and a 5x5 is 25 square feet, it's a big difference. A 5x5 has the same square footage as a 4x4 and a 3x3 combined. The SP-150 is 134w while the SP-250 is 232w and the TS-600 is only 100w. Manufacturers make all sorts of claims and actual footprint for the lights is almost always different from what you'll see in the real world but they use 2x2, 2x4, etc because those are common tent sizes and most buyers are uninformed so they will just take that as truth and buy.

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I'm noticing that. So do y'all think should I just see what the 2000 does from the center of my plant footprint?
      Last edited by JDU; 01-24-2020, 07:09 PM.

• FunkyButtLovin
      FunkyButtLovin commented
      Editing a comment
      The TSW-2000 is almost square so should light up a square footprint such as a 3x3 pretty good.

I have a 4x6 tent. The plants are on one side so 3x4 but 1 sticks out at least a foot past the 3ft. It LOOKS LIKE it's plenty bright all the way to 5ft but idk.

Comment

Don't forget to wear eye protection and a hat, especially UV protection, when you have really bright lights.
      Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm tellin ya!!!! I'm literally blind!!

I hung one to see what it's about.... I know the required watt guideline says no but it looks to me that another small one will cover the whole 4x6.

Comment

Don’t need to always follow the instructions from the mfg. You need to follow what your plants tell you. 😉
        There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
        1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
        2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
        3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          Makes sense!

Hey JDU, Nice lights! I have to agree with YYCannabis, you might just have to fart around with them till you find their happy spot. Maybe dim the lights a bit till or move them higher for a few days. I run two 600 viperspectra and sorta followed manufacturers guidelines for my first grow(4 inches lower than suggested) and second grow i kept lights 6 inches lower than suggested. plants didnt suffer at all. trial and error i guess...
        Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
        Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
        6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
        Canna Coco/perlite
        General Hydroponics Flora Series
        Cal/Mag.

Tent
        Bruce Banner
        Kushy Kush
        2Cookies and cream

Comment

I remember reading GWE article on 5 barriers to LED domination. One of the barrier for LED is that they have to be kept at distance therefore requires more height in grow space. One line that specifically got my attention was that "some growers achieve great results by keeping light at as much as 30" in flowering".
          2.5 x 2.5 tent
          Viparspectra PAR600
          4" Fan & Filter
          Coco-Perlite
          GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
          1x Cream Cookies
          1x Pineapple Express
          1x Northern Lights
          1x White Widow

Comment

LED advancements are moving rapidly. Articles written today will be obsolete within a year. Today’s tech is amazing and next years tech will be better.
            There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
            1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
            2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
            3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• DingusKhan
              DingusKhan commented
              Editing a comment
              So JDU did you get those quantum boards? I thought you were pretty gung ho about them. I've been checking them out too to supplement my veg closet, wherein I have a Roleadro "400 watt" COB light that seems to make my little plants happy, and a 2foot by 4 bulb T5 that has made my seedlings very happy.

Did you get a new light? If you haven't, and you can eliminate all the reasons not to, CMH really is the gold standard. If not that, then I would get a SpiderFarmer board. I'm considering one now.

• JDU
              JDU commented
              Editing a comment
              I did Dingus! 3 Mars Hydros. Got the 2000 & 2 of the 600s. Gonna put a 600 in the veg tent & a T5 for seedlings but those Mars have some flower power. I love em.

• DingusKhan
              DingusKhan commented
              Editing a comment
              Very nice! I'm sure you're already enjoying the upgrade in growth.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X