Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Flowering defoliation

Hi, newbie here..
    Need some advise with regards to defoliation during flowering.
    We're into our 3rd week. It doesn't look like the buds are forming well.. was wondering should i defoliate all the leaves around the bud area? I'm noticing one or two leaves sticking out.
    Any recommendations for bigger buds?

Thanks

read the tutorial on gwe ,you definitely need to clean her up is this your first grow ,everything you need to know is in the tutorial section
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

You sure that's a female ?
      Focus and relativity.

Comment

• samedma
        samedma commented
        Editing a comment
        yes, quite sure of it. we bought the feminsed seeds from dutchpassion.

• Eliot Pryor
        Eliot Pryor commented
        Editing a comment
        I always use feminized seeds as well, if you read on Seedfinders you can see if your strain is prone to hermie. I've had it happen. Good luck !!

I do see female bits, but looks like it is revegging or such. Was it a clone from a budding female? Light leaking into your grow space? Light timer not correctly set?
      Last edited by GreenState; 01-24-2020, 08:25 AM.
      "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• samedma
        samedma commented
        Editing a comment
        we started last year September from seeds.
        the lights are set on 12/12. but you could be right, will double check on the lights at night.
        What's the next best thing to do if it's gone back to reveg?

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you had your lights on 12/12 for the entire grow? Seems whatever is going on didn't just start 3 weeks ago. I'll defer to those who know much more than I(and there are many here), but it sure looks like a light issue. How many weeks did you veg for? Started in September?

What are you feeding?
      Feeder Leaves are removed (or tucked) to get light to inner bud sites on indoor plants.

Comment

• samedma
        samedma commented
        Editing a comment
        Feeding them Nutriplex: will attach photo of the feeding chart recommended by the seller, also adding extra 6gCaMg in 60L reservoir.

I agree it's revegging
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

What to do with the revegging..?
        1. Block the lights out, then should i go ahead with defoliating?
        Here's update pics..
        Last edited by samedma; 01-24-2020, 09:28 AM.

Comment

GreenState , it's taken much longer than what we had expected. We started 11 September'19 with the seeds , started veg 2 Oct'19 (lights were 18/6).
          Transferred it to flowering around 25 November, so it's been 9 weeks in flowering... What's the next best thing to do...?

Comment

Look for light leaks, go in turn the grow lights out, see any light?
            Make sure the timer has not malfunctioned.
            What is the NPK of the nutes?

Comment

• samedma
              samedma commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, will double check the timer as well.
              Nutrients we're using, not too sure about the rations, what i could find was the following:
              Nutriplex Micro: N39.2 K 28.5 Ca 36.1 ppm at 1ml/
              Nutriplex Bloom : P 18.7 K 40.6 Mg 29.6 S 46
              Nutriplex Grow: N 25.84 P 4.32 K 46.23 Mg5.82
              (We're not using the best at the moment, due to budget and starting off)

samedma So how did you make out? Did you find an issue with your light timer or light leak? I grow in a closet, so light leak is something I'm always worried about. Doesn't take much to cause a problem, for instance I have to lay a towel on the floor to block light from sneaking under the door. Keep us posted on what you find. At this point, hating to be the barer of bad news, you may not be able to recover from the issues at hand.
            "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• samedma
              samedma commented
              Editing a comment
              Issue was the faulty timer... Will be more diligent in checking next time.
              Thanks though!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X