Seed storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seed storage

So the seedbank i get from which is whitewidowrocks in canada and they state the seeds are no older than 3months old when sent. My query is how long can my seeds last in storage. Ive had 2 orders now and i dont plant all that i order i keep 1 or 2 of each strain for rainy days or emergency. I store in small plastic storage air tight containers each holding around 3 x seeds in each i then put them in a ring cushioned box then i hide them in a dark dry container. How long could or would they last.
    IO'D

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200122_171101.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	368688
    IO'D

Comment

I have had some for many years. They still pop just like they did back when I first got them. I put mine in the fridge crisper drawer. Set the humidity to low on the drawer. Put the seeds in vacuum sealed bags with a few grains of dried rice. Lastly I store the baggies in a Tupperware container before they go in the fridge drawer.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Thanks toker 1 i like you method my fridge is unrelible idea but the way i have mine stored will i still be ok for a couple or few years the seedbank tells me none of there seeds are older than 3months so i just dont want to wreak them there 10 a seed and i have 30
        IO'D

Comment

$ 10 a seed i mean and i have 31 ahaha
          IO'D

Comment

I recently started a seed I've had for 5 years at least. I just keep them in the original package in dry place.Good growing !!
            Focus and relativity.

Comment

I put my seeds in film cannisters and label those with the strain name and date. I then put the Film cannisters all in a Tupperware container and put that in a drawer in the basement - they're Dry, Cool and in a Dark place.
              Last edited by Sledrock; 01-23-2020, 12:25 PM.
              3'x3'x6' Cool Grow Tent and Large Wooden Cabinet
              3 and 5 Gallon Fabric Pots
              Coco Coir with 30% Perlite
              2-450 watt Vipar Spectra LEDs
              4" Exhaust with Vivosun Fan and Carbon Filter
              6" Oscilatting Fan
              GH Flora-Trio Nutes with Cal-Mag and GH Liquid Kool Bloom

"Why Do You Keep Banging Your Head Against That Wall?"
              "'Cause It Feels So Good When I stop"

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                That's how I store my seeds in old film cannisters in cool cub board. I had seeds from old seeded grows and ones you find in baggies, kept them for years slowly grew them or gave away. Now it's been use them within a year or two. But boy stored cool and dark dry area I've had some over 10yrs but not anymore.

Cheers mate good positive feedback out there im stoked
              IO'D

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X