No announcement yet.

How close to harvesting are these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Nute..Do you use molasses all the way up until harvest or stop using that as well and do a flush? I did some reading that showed using the molasses during the whole flowering stage and doing a flush 2 weeks prior. Just wondering what you do.

Comment

Molasses is generally added in just the last few weeks and can be used through harvest. 1 teaspoon per gallon is the recommended dose of unsulphured blackstrap molasses and it will bring the pH of a gallon of my water down from 7.5 to 6.5 so when I use molasses I do not have to use pH down. ymmv

Comment

FunkyButtLovin ...thanks for that note on the PH level as I wouldn't have thought to check it. I just add PH down to my water always since mine starts out at 7.0 always and I order molasses today for tomorrow delivery

Comment

Good stuff totally agree funkybuttlovin
          5x5 tent
          2000 watt Aglex cob series
          Mars SP250
          Six inch carbon filter
          Current grow 2 x ice cream cake, 2 x Torontonian Cookies 2 x shishkaberry and 1 x BC OG all reg​​ seeds

Comment

FunkyButtLovin ...yeah that black molasses, (and man now I know why they call it black!) dropped my PH to 5.5 on the gallon of water. I'd thought about using more of it but once I saw that decided a tsp was enuf. I did soak them well and will stay with that every watering until harvest I guess unless you think that's too much.

Comment

1 teaspoon per gallon is enough and I use it every other watering regardless if it's plain water or feeding nutrients. Are you growing in coco?

Comment

No I'm using organic soil in 5 gal fabric pots and have 3 plants all about same stage of flowering. I usually water every other day and split 2 gallons between them with larger 2 getting more than the smaller. I realized I've been giving them regular nutes and just hit them hard with 2-8-4 yesterday along with the molasses. Probably only about a week left of nutes at this point based on replies I got from my original post and will do them every other feeding so not to over feed. I'll probably just stay with the nutes and molasses together for the remaining week and then just the molasses for rest of the time before harvest.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X