How close to harvesting are these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How close to harvesting are these?

I assume these need another week or 2 maybe but my first time and I started flushing 2 days ago. All the buds look similar and I suspect it needs more time for all the and hairs to darken like some have started. This is White Widow grown indoors and planted Oct 7th from seed directly in organic soil with MH and HPS lighting. I'm pretty impressed but don't want to get too anxious at this point. Any comments are welcome.

Your instinct is pretty good. I say at least 2 weeks.

Comment

Ok, thanks...it's hard to tell just by looking at other buds posted but when I took the closeup pic I noticed the darker hairs which probably isn't the right term. Other 2 strains aren't quite this far along but it's sure stinking up the house...lol

Comment

My opinion, you started flushing too early I feel like they still have almost a month left. What week of flower are they in? A lot more of those white hairs should be orange before your trichomes even start milking up. Hard to tell from just one picture, but that's what it looks like to me. Then again, I'm still fairly new to this as well so maybe one of the veteran growers can give another opinion. This one is almost ready but still has maybe a week or 2. She's tiny but I should get a good amount of purple and green buds from her.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by dphipps1020; 01-21-2020, 05:05 PM.

Comment

I think they'll be 6 weeks flowering this Saturday. The other strains aren't quite this far along it seems although without a good picture and zooming in, it's hard to really see the progress I've discovered. All of them showed 8 weeks for flowering but having never been through it I'm just over anxious to get them to harvest to say the least. I may give this one another shot or 2 of nutes if you think there's 2 weeks left. I only skipped at most 2 days I would have normally given nutes so it should be fine.

Comment

• dphipps1020
            dphipps1020 commented
            Editing a comment
            Usually I've seen the veteran growers tell people to go at least a week or 2 longer than recommended. And considering you're only about week 6, yeah I'd say 4+ weeks still. I can relate to the anxious feeling, I have harvested a few early myself (a couple plants were just a couple weeks ago). It's so much better to wait, don't let your anxiety get the best of you. You'll have better quality and higher yields if you hold out. I still have a few that are right there but I want more amber trichomes so I'm trying not to let my anxiety get the best of me cause I have to wait another week or 2 still. Been watching the buds get really fat and when I squeeze them they're almost solid. Probably watched them almost double since I cut the others down and it's only been 3 weeks. I know it's hard but feed for 2-3 more weeks and check the trichomes at least every few days to see where you're at. Hopefully this helps. If you're still not sure in a few weeks, take lots of good pictures (under normal light preferably), and one of the many here can help. Oh, and welcome to the forum too!
            Last edited by dphipps1020; 01-22-2020, 12:52 AM.

• Farmall
            Farmall commented
            Editing a comment
            That was very well put dphipps1020. And great advice to be followed.

routerman I am going to say get yourself a jewelers loupe, 30x and 60x (glass lenses preferred) and look really close at the trics. (or usb microscope) Clear gives racey paranoia, milky is top THC and amber gives CBN for sleep/couch lock, harvest for the affect you want. I like at least 30% amber, I too will say 3-4 weeks yet,,, this is the hardest part, but wait for it!

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'd used my Cannon digital camera to check them out but will look into the loupe as well. I have a cheap one I believe and hadn't tried it yet since the camera had a setting for taking up close flower pics like this and I learned my lesson taking them with the lights on and how much different the coloring is. I'm definitely not looking for couch effect which is why I asked the question so as not to let them go too long but sounds like longer it is for these babies.

Comment

• dphipps1020
              dphipps1020 commented
              Editing a comment

This is what I have and it works great. And it's cheap! Mine took a couple weeks (I think) to get here but I think you can afford to wait, should get to you before they're ready. A few amber here and there is probably closer to what you're looking for. I'm trying to wait for a few more than that on mine but it's hard. Just sampled (dried, not cured) some of what I cut down a few days ago and the flavor has improved so much in the last few weeks. My others were definitely early and I swore they were ready. I know it's hard to wait but trust me, you'll thank yourself later. Just make sure you dry and cure it properly and it will probably be some of the best smoke you've had.

This was uploaded by another member, I grabbed a copy,,,

Comment

dphipps1020 and @Rwise...Appreciate the responses from you both. Ordered a loupe and seeing if I can enlarge that chart a little to read it better. Do either of you do any pruning at this point of just let the leaves stay in place to gather light? Also, I've read different strategy on curing. Do you recommend the slow long process in mason jar?

Comment

• dphipps1020
                dphipps1020 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm a fan of constant defoliation, although I've been slacking lately. Just be careful of how much you take off if it's your first time doing it because it's really easy to go overboard. As for curing, slower is supposed to be better. I've been using mason jars but I bought some of the fancy bags mentioned in another post and am waiting for enough from one plant that I can use them. May end up getting some of the next size down as well but they are supposed to be just as good if not better for curing and storage. You can always try curing a little bit each way to see what you like best too.

Inside I trim as needed, outside let em ride,,, well kinda, each plant is an individual,,, inside for light, outside for problems

Comment

No amber trichomes
                wait for 30% amber before harvest I'd say flushing started to early. Maybe should have started 2 weeks from now anyway they're all milky they'll be good still regardless up to you more couch lock if you wait
                5x5 tent
                2000 watt Aglex cob series
                Mars SP250
                Six inch carbon filter
                Current grow 2 x ice cream cake, 2 x Torontonian Cookies 2 x shishkaberry and 1 x BC OG all reg​​ seeds

Comment

Just because you started your flush doesn't mean you can't feed them again. Feed 'em for another 7-10 days and then move to molasses for 2 weeks.

My $0.02

Comment

Yeah I started feeding again today since I jumped the gun and they only missed a feeding or 2 anyway. What's the molasses do for them and what mixture to water?

Comment

Puts on the weight. Back strap molasses
                      5x5 tent
                      Mars SP250
                      Six inch carbon filter
                      Current grow 2 x ice cream cake, 2 x Torontonian Cookies 2 x shishkaberry and 1 x BC OG all reg​​ seeds

Comment

It's like us eating a pile of carbs. Lol
                        5x5 tent
                        Mars SP250
                        Six inch carbon filter

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X