Seedling growing 90 degrees! Sideways!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seedling growing 90 degrees! Sideways!

Okay so I have started quite a big project. I have 2 of 6 seedlings started and in my seedling tank. But this little guy is growing completly sideways. I tried positioning it to where it was supposed to fix itself by growing tward the light. But it seems to be growing as if it wants to shade itself.... (getting worse).. there has been no physical damage to the plant. I have no idea what else to try! Has this happened to anyone else?! Any advise would be appreciated!!!!

The picture didn't come through MooseKnuckle420 Do you have a long, skinny stalk with two little sets of leaves? It might just be doing it's little seedling stretch. You can leave it or transplant (even repot in the same pot) leaving just a half inch or so above soil. You'll grow roots on the stem you buried and will help upright the plant in this early phase.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Comment

It's about an inch tall. It's got the first two round leaves and 2 very small pointed leaves that look like they are trying to stretch the right way but the round ones are making it worse

Comment

Everything's fine, that's totally normal and nothing to be alarmed about. The leaves are pointing in one direction because the light is stronger, they will always grow towards the light.

Comment

FunkyButtLovin that's the thing tho. I'm pretty sure its growing away from the light. The angle has been getting worse. The light is pretty much right above it. I just tried to angle the pot to correct it. We will see if it works. But yea it's taken me by surprise.... never seen this or heard of it.

Comment

The round ones seem to be pointing and forming the stem down. But the pointed leaves are straight up and growing tword the light.... just hmmmm lol

Comment

• Tersky
                Tersky commented
                Editing a comment
                As new growth is formed this is what happens. As the growth happens the plant grows up and then the leaves fall out. It is how most if not every plant grows so when the growth is new it does point up then as the the leaves form gravity pulls them down and out.

I don't see anything wrong. They don't usually grow straight as an arrow.

Comment

It looks algood to me. Healthy strong seedling ive actually has 1 of my new girl scout cookie fem auto seed actually growing side ways 90'degrees last two days to its popped up within hours and looks healthy as youre pic does now. Im sure its ok it looks strong and vibrant in youre pic.
                IO'D

Comment

I must be missing something cause i dont see anything growing sideways....If you are talking about the cotyledons (round leaves) then it's not growing sideways, the leaves are just stretching to the light. Plus those are not the leaves you need to look at. They are embryonic leaves that have no purpose after the first set of true leaves forms so they dont matter. This is a totally average seedling. Welcome to the wonderful world of growing!

Comment

Give it 2 weeks!

Comment

Thanks guys! Deffenatly help ease my mind.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X