Rookie needing help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rookie needing help!

This is my seccond attempting to grow. Last year I'm pretty sure I lost my plant due to magnesium deficiency. I am about a week to a week and a half in with my first plant. Well the seed shell stayed on where the leaves sprout. I have read to let it be, but it seemed like it would just not come off. I very carefully removed the shell from the balled up beginning leaves. I'm pretty sure it was on long enough to stunt the growth of the leaves. One is about half the length of the healthy leaf. 1 is short and about 80% white/yellow. Almost looks like "new growth" or something. Well the healty leaf is just that color on the tip. Any advice would be appreciated. It doesnt seem to be a nutrient deficiency, ph imbalance, or lightburn..... but I just dont know... will upload a pic once I can get a good one
    Attached Files

It looks like it's ready to start growing. Those leaves are just colydons and will fall off eventually anyway. Just give her a bit more time.

Comment

Thank you SirSmks! Its seems to be healthy and growing AMAZING. I just didnt want to stunt its growth and effect its future. I just didnt know if that would effect its light consumption. I know they will fall off but that's the first leaves that absorbs light to fuel the plants growth. Probably over worrying. Just wanted an experienced opinion. Thanks again tho!!!!!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        She looks normal MooseKnuckle420 go easy with her just water when she's dry for now.

Little Ricky is just getting her feet under her.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        You'd never guess what my first wife called me... sometimes.

Lmao sticky Ricky is always up to something 🤣🤣🤣 got names for all of em

Comment

MooseKnuckle420 It's usually Best to let the seed cap fall off on its own, but I have removed them, also. It shouldn't affect its growth if you leave it on. (In fact, somewhere I read that the cap may actually help strengthen the plant: think of it as "weight-Lifting for the seedling. Seedlings have a strong desire to grow and will usually take care of themselves when we give them what they need and nothin more.

When growing Patience is a good virtue to have. I know it's not something easy to put in practice. We all want to do what's best for our babies and sometimes we do more harm than good (Been there, Done that) My first grow, I had a tendency to Over-water (too often) It's good to let your soil get a little on the Dry Side as it helps the roots get oxygen.

Another thing: After seedling emerge, they'll appear to stop growing for a short perion of time - not to worry - they're busy building their Root System. After a few days they'll take off growing like a bat outa hell and amaze you!

Good Luck with your grow!
        Last edited by Sledrock; 01-20-2020, 12:42 PM.
        3'x3'x6' Cool Grow Tent and Large Wooden Cabinet
        3 and 5 Gallon Fabric Pots
        Coco Coir with 30% Perlite
        2-450 watt Vipar Spectra LEDs
        4" Exhaust with Vivosun Fan and Carbon Filter
        6" Oscilatting Fan
        GH Flora-Trio Nutes with Cal-Mag and GH Liquid Kool Bloom

"Why Do You Keep Banging Your Head Against That Wall?"
        "'Cause It Feels So Good When I stop"

Comment

Will take this lesson and use it in the very near future! Thanks Sledrock

Comment

Hi moose, you prolly didn't lose last year's plant to a deficiency--not if you were feeding it Cannabis nutes. We feed our plants like the most over-zealous people in the world, so deficiencies are a lot more rare than... NUTRIENT LOCKOUT. That's when the plant has been fed too many salts and the roots are locked. They need to be flushed at that point, and you need to change your feeding habits. I flush my hydro plants regularly.
            How to Flush a Sick Cannabis Plant | Grow Weed Easy
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

alltatup it could have been. I've done an insane amount of research between now and then. Plus I'm not getting better quality products and I have a specific area just for my girls (hopefully) lol

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Research is good!! I read the crap out of the GWE site, and I still go back and re-read.

In my humble opinion, growing weed isn't really easy at all and requires a lot of knowledge and coordination. After 3.5 years of growing, I'm recognizing lots of issues that I didn't even know to look for at first. Practice definitely helps.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X