What's wrong with my little guy? Turning yellow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR What's wrong with my little guy? Turning yellow

Hi, I'm on my second grow, the first one I didn't follow any instructions and somehow fumbled into a plant that flowered. This time I bought some nice seeds, and am trying to follow the guide here. I don't think it's going as well though.

It's been 3 weeks since the seed popped and I planted it in coco coir + perlite. (it looks like a lot of perlite, but I think I did 30% perlite, 70% coco coir) I've been giving it 1/4 teaspoon of Dyna-Gro Foilage Grow per gallon of water every other time I water it.

I'm using the same grow light as my last grow, so I don't think that's the issue. (it's this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 )

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-2182.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	367584

It just looks sad Any ideas what could be going wrong?

Looks like it's drowning.

Comment

So you think I should let it dry out a lot more between watering?

Comment

• kingfish
        kingfish commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. Then water 1 table spoon at a time. They are just little seedlings and don't need a lot of water.

Originally posted by solianri6 View Post
      So you think I should let it dry out a lot more between watering?
      Oh gosh, I've been watering it WAY too much then. I've been giving it enough until it flows out the bottom. I thought that's what I was supposed to do to help wash out the fertilizer.

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        There is your second problem - wait until it gets past being a seedling before any nutes are administered.

So I cut WAY back on the water, and he seems to be doing a little better. He's grown a bit now at least. But those bottom leaves look like they are dying. Should I cut them off? Or is that too traumatic for his age?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-2222.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	369104

Comment

Lets hope its "she" not he, remove the yellow leaf or not the plant is eating them, I would let them die and fall off at this point.

Comment

Your light may not be an issue for now but it is going to be. The actual power draw is only 20W. That is not going to be enough even for one plant.
          There many grow lights that work well for growing cannabis indoors, but they boil down to 3 popular types: fluorescents (CFLs, T5s), HIDs (MH, HPS, LEC) and LEDs. Learn the differences so you can pick the best option for your setup!
          2.5 x 2.5 tent
          Viparspectra PAR600
          4" Fan & Filter
          Coco-Perlite
          GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
          1x Cream Cookies
          1x Pineapple Express
          1x Northern Lights
          1x White Widow

Comment

Originally posted by herbgrower View Post
            Your light may not be an issue for now but it is going to be. The actual power draw is only 20W. That is not going to be enough even for one plant.
            https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-grow-lights
            Hmm, I'll look into getting a better light, but this is actually my second grow, and this light worked decent on the first one. Not really looking to spend a ton on lighting or electricity. It's more of a hobby grow, and I'm just happy to get anything to smoke from it. Not expecting ounces and ounces of pot

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Well then enjoy what ya get for the effort put into it.

• herbgrower
              herbgrower commented
              Editing a comment
              In that case I will say go for CFL. There is no need to buy LED light if this is small grow. I don't know your grow area so can't say. For a three week plant, it seemed very small.

Try to shoot for at least 40 watts/ sq feet of canopy you're trying to illuminate.
            WHAT???
            5x5 grow space
            900w of Vero's and F-strips
            4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X