Burping Jars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burping Jars

I have a plant that is going to finish right before I go on vacation for two weeks. I will have time to hang, dry, and jar the plant. But I will not be able to burp the jars before leaving so I’m considering putting the jars in the refrigerator or freezer until I get home. Any comments or suggestions ?

Thanks

Let me know how that goes. Maybe someone has tried it. Good growing to have such a problem.
    Focus and relativity.

Comment

you can get a small air pump, a timer, some hose, a food safe bucket and a release pressure valve, you set up the timer to turn the pump a few minutes once a day pumping fresh air into the bucket and releasing old air thru the valve. if you want i can link a video on exactly how to do it.

Comment

I would try the freezer.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          i guess you my friend could just leave it outside with the cold you got up there. i remember living and traveling in a car in new zealand we used to tie the milk jug to a shoe lace and hung outside the window to keep it from getting warm with the ac we had to turn on every 3 hours so we dont freeze

If you know it is ready to jar and just needs to be burped I'd get the boveda packs to stabilize the RH. I over dried about 1/2 my grow and they stabilized the RH and a month+ later I have a great cure with no burping. I believe it will work for you too if you can't burp.

Comment

You can’t chop when you get back from vacation?
          initial drying (no jars) should take a week or so if done properly.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

why not chop right before leaving and hang to dry with roots whole.. maybe in a cooler room?

i heard that slows the whole process.. dont trim either, do a dry trim when you get back.

Comment

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Good point. If you can control the RH and temp in the room leave it for 2 weeks. If the room is consistently 62% your buds will never dry out lower than the room RH.

Originally posted by wibe View Post
            why not chop right before leaving and hang to dry with roots whole.. maybe in a cooler room?

i heard that slows the whole process.. dont trim either, do a dry trim when you get back.
            and as in chop i mean debag and rinse roots clean and hang.

might be best cure ever..

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X