Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is everybody using to dab rosin & wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is everybody using to dab rosin & wax?

Since I fell down the rosin pressing rabbit hole last month, the majority of my daily cannabis consumption has slowly switched from bud through a one hitter, to rosin in a dab pen. I prefer the dab pen over just about any other method of dabbing rosin as it's very stealthy in smell & profile, hits as hard as I want it to and does not reqiure a torch. The downside of the Dabster pen I've been using is the durability of it's dual ceramic coil. Both of these in the picture are shot. While the replacement coils are only $15, it only took about 3g of vaped rosin and wax to kill each coil The Nector Collector is pretty cool too! But it requires a torch and not exactly stealthy. For desktop dabbing I ordered a Puffco Peak and will review it here when it arrives.

What's your favorite dab pen/rig??

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200115_114504.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.55 MB ID:	366523
    Attached Files

Egads! Never was a fan of either. Like you say, the coils in those pens get nasty. I've never dabbed more than twice on a coil without being real turned off. You might get a longer life if you dab something cleaner than rosin. The nectar collector doesn't get everything. I always wind up with a super shattery shatter on the plate and dabbing that in my rig, any ol' way.
    I'm also not a huge fan of rosin. No solvents, sure. To me, the taste, smell, and high of rosin is pretty much hash. I dab with a simple glass rig with a simple crystal banger and laser vision to heat it all up. I mean torch. Not laser eyes. A simple glass spoon pipe or bong for flower. An occasional weed vaporizer. I used to get down with different methods of dabbing. The more pieces there are to a widget, the more pieces that have a chance to break.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

• 5Chord
      5Chord commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah if the coils would stay clean it would definitely help. I really want to get away from the torch....It's too much like smoking crack. Bad memories. I love the taste of rosin; it has a resonance that is much more like wax but richer. I also think it's more satisfying but the high is definitely like full melt. That's why I'm looking to see what are some decent wax pens out there. I just picked up an Evolve Plus & 6 extra coils. REALLY nice (so far)!
      Last edited by 5Chord; 01-15-2020, 04:09 PM.

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      How about an electric nail?

• 5Chord
      5Chord commented
      Editing a comment
      I just ordered a Puffco Peak for the coffee table, but I'm looking for a stealthy alternative to the one-hitter or vape cart pen for all-day use.

5Chord Stealth is gone unless you can hide the smell. Subterfuge of a rig? How about...
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

• 5Chord
      5Chord commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL! I love it!

Perhaps...
    Put it on your mantel.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

• 5Chord
      5Chord commented
      Editing a comment
      What the hell is that ???

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      A sailing ship. Google '10 of the craziest most expensive bongs in the world' and check out the images. Unless you're talking about the McDonalds cup. I thought that might be self-explanatory.

• 5Chord
      5Chord commented
      Editing a comment
      lol no I meant the ship

Ive seen good things about the puffco but untill price comes down on those ill stick with my bong and banger lol.
    640 watt hlg quantum board
    320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
    300 watt mars hydro sp3000
    150 watt hlg quantum board
    100 watt spider farmer led x2
    organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
    Water only i don't check ph
    6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a puffco plus and love it.

Not a big dab doer yet... but the concentrate oven in the pax 3 seems to work nicely. The dabs did nearly disappear in the chamber when finished

Comment

My pax 3 came with a reservoir for "concentrates". I haven't used that part yet but handy to have. It would seem very easy to clean too.I guess it all depends upon how much you value stealth.
      A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• 5Chord
        5Chord commented
        Editing a comment
        The pax 3 looks really nice! Is it worth the money? How is it for weed? To me, stealth is everything when it comes to all day consumption at work and play

• BR2K
        BR2K commented
        Editing a comment
        Stealth is VITAL for me. Vaping weed is virtually unnoticeable. When I asked the Pax dealer about odor he said "There is no odor". He was right. I would say that there may be smell if you set your temperature too high. Even though I haven't had the opportunity to use the concentrates, my Pax 3 is definitely worth it!

Oh, yeah, hey. Rosin has a lot more residue than proper shatter. Like hash. Hash don't dab no good. And weed. You start burning the non good stuff in a banger. Next time I try rosin I'll probably put it on top of a bowl, then more flower on top. The layering burns the rosin more even.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

• 5Chord
        5Chord commented
        Editing a comment
        A layered flower-rosin bowl sounds super yummy on a lazy sunday or summer night mmmmmmm
        Rosin purity and clarity have everything to do with the starting material, the person pressing it as well as the tempature, pressure and press. I'm only a novice but every single time I press, the product is different, even using the same plant (See pics above). What I did differently this time was use fresh frozen material and wash less than 24 hours later to get "live rosin". The flavor is delightfully different.

My girlfriend's daughter has a guy (celebrity dab dealer) who presses in front of her. He uses ice hash (not sure if it's water or dry ice) which is rolled in a snake.....He then presses it......I'm not shitting you, in parchment with hair straightener without any bag! The shit is the clearest concentrate I've ever seen and as potent as any wax or shatter I've ever tried. He charges $75 a gram and it's probably worth it. I wouldn't believe it if he didn't press it right in front of her. They dabbed some of the hash alone and it left no resdue on the nail

OK, I now have about 1.5 days of fairly heavy use on the Yokan Evolve Plus wax pen and it performed better than expected. It's very well put together, but a bit larger than I usually like to carry around all day. Like all new pens, it rips when it's new. I got 6 extra coils, so I can get some time aout of it. $44.99 for the pen and extra coil plus $22 for 5 coils

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200116_182331.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	2.92 MB
ID:	366952

The silicone stash on the bottom will surely come in handy!

Name:	20200116_182547.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	3.09 MB
ID:	366953

I ripped this golden goodness all day, only had to re-load twice

Name:	20200113_215830.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	3.16 MB
ID:	366954

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you keep drying/curing 5Chord?

• 5Chord
        5Chord commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, I heat it and stir it daily, but it will never last long enough for a proper cure. I wish I had a lot more......I'll be doing another batch of fresh frozen in a couple weeks, can't wait!!!!

5Chord. Is this the consistency you are using in the new Evolve? (last picture)

Comment

• 5Chord
        5Chord commented
        Editing a comment
        Pretty much....Right out of the fridge it's fairly stable, but it's still pretty gooey at room temp and some of the best tasting rosin I ever vaped

Gingerbeard What exactly is a "banger"? Cloud

Comment

A crystal banger. Heat the bowl with a torch and dab, dab, man, you dab! Dibbidy dab do dib dab do.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

• 5Chord
          5Chord commented
          Editing a comment
          lol I always called that a "nail".....It's like a crystal bong bowl right?

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Nails are usually the metal pieces. They can also be ceramic. I'm a fan of the banger because I can see how dirty it's getting.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X