Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drekthar
    replied
    Heythere Guest if I we're you i'd go with the HLG 550 red or the Optic slim 600H. My last grow of 4 plants with the HLG 550 i harvested 19.3 oz off 4 plants. I am thinking to switch to the Optic and send my HLG to a friend who is using 3 Vipar 450's as it will save a 3rd of power and produce better results. just my opinion

Leave a comment:

• Cloud
    replied
    Bad pics but there you go. My first build and now I do it different.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Cloud do you have any pictures?

Leave a comment:

• JDU
    commented on Guest's reply
    I have the $6 Walmart ones. Mechanical, 15min tabs grounded. Reliable so far but after a previous thread showing a melted one I'd say don't exceed the recommended usage.

• YYCannabis
    commented on 's reply
    Those quantum’s are pretty slick lights.

• YYCannabis
    commented on 's reply
    😎 thanks for the shoutout.

• YYCannabis
    commented on Guest's reply
    Why yes. Yes I have.
    Build log https://ledgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5083

• homegrown
    commented on 's reply
    Hey Obi-Wan How much does that light weigh approx? and what kinda heat does it put out? And are there different size panels? lol sorry for the list of questions... Something like that may work well in my tent with a low ceiling. If you dont mind i'd like to have a look at a parts list as well.. Thanks

• Booger789
    commented on 's reply
    Send me a parts list for that if you don’t mind please and thank you.

• JDU
    commented on 's reply
    Btw yes you do deserve one & can grow weed deserving of a light like this! Listen to the good folk here, study GWE & keep track of things that go wrong (AND right!) - how you fix it etc.....
    This isn't super fancy- looks like 2 small quantum boards & generic drivers. It says it will flower a 3x3 at 12-18in so I'll have to supplement a little & It was under $300.
    The next- & last rainbow I'm gonna chase is a spine & rib deal like Yycannabis & Farmall -among others are using, flowering bars only & big enough to cover the whole 4x6 if I ever need the full tent. I'll put the Mars in the veg tent & never have to upgrade again!!

• dropinbiking
    commented on 's reply
    I wish they would make a TS 1000 in the long version. The long 2000 would BANG a 4x2 tent. Glad to hear such positive news, I'm saving my canadian beaver belts so I can buy a solid light in April. After a year, the operating cost really starts to make a HUGE difference with these new lights.

• JDU
    commented on 's reply
    TSW 2000
    Its freakin bright fo sure! & so much cooler than T5s!!! If I slept in & didn't open the door flaps when the lT5s came on it would be 90°F in 30min. I had to have them both open to maintain 84F. Now I've had this one goin with the flaps closed for 3hrs & its standing steady at 79 😎

• Cloud
    replied
    I use to build my own cob style lights from rapidled and growmau5. I get the growmau5 pucks and then get heatsinks on rails and 320watt driver from rapidled. Costs around 400 bucks. I was building them before they offered the 2x4 kits with the growmau5 pucks. I honestly feel like two of their 2x4 kits is more than enough to light a 5x5 space. I still build my own with the bigger rail set than the one offered in the 2x4 kit.
    Last edited by Cloud; 01-15-2020, 07:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dropinbiking
    replied
    The ones with the displays, and battery backup for holding cycles for power outages work great too, but they are 4-5x the cost, and I have seen them fail from humidity, getting dropped, or simply have strange issues after a while, or forget their cycle.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    dropinbiking thanks. A basic mechanical one will work fine I think.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X