Adding perilite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding perilite

So im just waiting on a seed order to arrive of dark devils.skunk cheese.girl scout cookies.Mi5.gorrilla glue no'4. Autoflowers also got some photoperiods coming for next season. My question is im using a good soil with 6to8mth slow release formular. Also has a high grade wetting agent and seaweed extract for healthy root promotion and development. I grow outdoors in soil and pots i already have 15outdoor plants in backyard and guerilla grow. My mistake with them is or so im reading in post and online study is i used a cheap compost and potting mix and no perilite so iv brought my tui pot power soil 160litres of it. I want to know do i need to add it to my pots this time and will it be benificial and if so iv noticed the perilite package does not explain how much i add so if it is benicial how much perilite do i add per 20litre of soil any help guys and gals. Thankyou
    IO'D

I use 1 part perlite to 2 parts soil, I make my own soil so I cant help with commercial soils. I use nothing that is time release,,,

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed. I'm having a hard time finding new soil out of season. Everything avail has time release fertilizer.

Thanks for that mate. So you believe adding perilite is a definate to add to soil tho.
    IO'D

Comment

Originally posted by Corogold View Post
      Thanks for that mate. So you believe adding perilite is a definate to add to soil tho.
      I believe it to be critical for efficient root growth/oxygenation and drainage.

Comment

Chers guys and nice nugs mate. So is there a ratio of perilite and soil that i should go off or is some better than none. Can i add to much and ive noticed perilite is alot like vermiculite and also they look like pumice are they the same kind of substances and what is better to add with my slow release potting mix soil. Anyone help with my questions and ratio thanks
        IO'D

Comment

1 part perilite to 2 part soil good. Can i go 1 part perilite to 3 or 4 part soil just wondering thanks
          IO'D

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            I think that will depend on your soil, how well it drains etc.

You can add up to 50% perlite to most soil if you want. I have seen plants grow in 100% perlite before, but that is more for hydro applications.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X