First grow kicks off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First grow kicks off!

Hey guys, I have started six Ice Queen bagseed grow. I have seeds from seedsman but since this is my first grow I wanted to give a bunch of bagseeds that I have first try.

I am going to use 5 fabric pots of 3 Gal capacity. I am going to do Sea of Green training on these plants. As this is the first trial grow, I want to do minimal plant training and fast paced grow so that I can get the first hand idea of growing cycle and then I will put bought seeds in play.

This seeds were sprouted just on 01/01. They have been in sunlight for a week and I watered them only with CalMag only. Today I moved them into tent. I watered them using Nebula's coco grow nute schedule. They are on 18/6 light schedule. (Should I make it 20/4 now or after few days?)

I am also going to use one cup for Solo Cup challenge. I am not expecting much but it will also be a learning experience.!

Wish me luck!
    Last edited by herbgrower; 01-07-2020, 08:17 AM.
    2.5 x 2.5 tent
    Viparspectra PAR600
    4" Fan & Filter
    Coco-Perlite
    GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
    1x Cream Cookies
    1x Pineapple Express
    1x Northern Lights
    1x White Widow

Good luck we'll be rooting for ya
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• herbgrower
      herbgrower commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks much
      on the side note Those pups cute. are they yours? I have a boxer in family.

Yes they are mine, we were camping that's their " chipmunk chasing havoc jail " LOL Poppy & Sonny.

indoor/outdoor grower
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• herbgrower
      herbgrower commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh! Nice to meet them! Tell them Boxy says Hi. Dogs are <3

Good luck herbgrower. You're going to love growing!

Comment

• herbgrower
      herbgrower commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks I think i will never stop now!

I'm thinking happy thoughts for your girls. Best of luck.

Comment

Best of luck - especially with your fast - paced approach. Don't know how a fast-paced grow works, but I do know one needs lots of patience.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

A fast paced grow just isn't really feasible. You won't be harvesting for at least 3 whole months but probably more like 3.5-4 from seed if you plan on filling up that tent with 5 plants. A real sea of green with more plants and lighting 12/12 from seed would shave a couple weeks off and keep you around that 3 month mark. This is a game (especially with photos and seeds) where you get 3 or 4 crops a year at most unless you do a perpetual harvest or have the resources to run multiple grows at the same time.

Best of luck, we're all pulling for you. This is probably about as good a place as most of us could ever be for knowledge, second opinions, guidance, tips, etc. I think the only way you could do better is working hand in hand with master growers which just isn't in the cards for most of us. If we keep sharing and are willing to learn though, we will ALL become better growers.

Comment

Canuck147 FunkyButtLovin What I meant by fact paced was just relative to what I had planned initially. My initial plan was to use 3x 5 Gal pots in the grow area and give them time as long as they need. For that I got Pineapple Chunk Autos from Barney's. I am yet very afraid of the beginner's mistakes that I am going to make and the learning curves that I'll have to navigate. So I thought of using my bagseeds and use double the plants if any plant were to fail or if I can get good yields even with immature growing practices. I understand that 3 months are at least what will be required. I will keep updating this and taking advice from all you guys. As you know this is my first so I haven't figured all out.

I must say this forum is what convinced me to actually start my grow. I have been learning about growing and visiting GWE frequently from one and half year. Only became active on forum recently. Since then it motivated me to somewhat go out of my length and finally start growing. So I can never be thankful enough to entire community. You guys n gals are the best!
          2.5 x 2.5 tent
          Viparspectra PAR600
          4" Fan & Filter
          Coco-Perlite
          GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
          1x Cream Cookies
          1x Pineapple Express
          1x Northern Lights
          1x White Widow

Comment

Yes it will be challenging to keep all in your tent. But being that there bag seed 50/50 chance of males so who knows what your going to end up with. If they were my bag seed grow I wouldn't veg too long and flip to flower for sexing. My 2 cents

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• herbgrower
              herbgrower commented
              Editing a comment
              yeah those males! Lets see. Fingers crossed!

Hey guys the plants are growing good and I think it is time to give it a new home. I can see the roots circling around the cup. I also have suspicion that there is algae built up. I was away for few days and I had someone water my plants but I think it was bit overdone or so. The plant in the middle right also has bronze like patches on two leaves. I think it is because of pH fluctuation but it is only on one plant. Two other plants are bit droopy and looks like somewhat stunted growth.

What do you guys suggest I should do? I can see the algae all around the cup. If I re-pot it, there is no way I can leave the algae behind because it is almost everywhere. I will post more pics if you guys need it.
            2.5 x 2.5 tent
            Viparspectra PAR600
            4" Fan & Filter
            Coco-Perlite
            GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
            1x Cream Cookies
            1x Pineapple Express
            1x Northern Lights
            1x White Widow

Comment

Looking nice! Rule of thumb says when the leaves out grow the pot, transplant!
              I have bag seeds growing as well, it was good, fingers crossed!

Comment

• herbgrower
                herbgrower commented
                Editing a comment
                Got it.

Week 2 Day 18. Four plants are given a new home, other two are still small to transplant. These plants are bit droopy, they had their roots circled at the base of the cup. Moved them into 12" plastic pots in plastic grow bags in case they need to be transplanted again.
              2.5 x 2.5 tent
              Viparspectra PAR600
              4" Fan & Filter
              Coco-Perlite
              GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
              1x Cream Cookies
              1x Pineapple Express
              1x Northern Lights
              1x White Widow

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                herbrower just be sure there is air to those roots, I fear for too hot with double plastic pots? For myself I would just put them into one pot with lots of holes. Oh they will need to be transplanted again but you want a real healthy root system.

• herbgrower
                herbgrower commented
                Editing a comment
                SoOrbudgal I punched almost 20 holes in the grow bag and two in plastic pot. I didn't give them final home because there might be males in between. If I am left with only three female plants, I will finally move them into 5 Gal fabric pots. I thought it would be very hard to transplant without grow bag from plastic pots. They also started giving off little bit of smell.

OK gotcha about the males. I never used those grow bags I imagine it would be, most folks use a 16oz cup or anything small like that punch holes in it easy to transplant less change of injuring roots. Alittle rootbound in a cup helps hold soil during transplant. Hopefully most will show sex before final home. And they should not smell unless your soil is bad. They are young and smell happens when they are in flower.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
                A little rootbound in a cup helps hold soil during transplant.
                I wholeheartedly agree and always let my cups go a few days longer than necessary but I never have a problem with the soil crumbling that way.

Comment

SoOrbudgal The smell is very low. I have to get my nose on leaves to smell. Bad soil as in too much moisture or nutrient issues? I am using only coco-perlite and Nebula's nutrient schedule. I had algae all around the cup probably from overwatering. The plants were droopy as well. I watered slowly and now they seem fine.

The cups I had were very small. I couldn't get the 16oz cup because we're in midst of plastic ban so all I could get instead was paper cups. Initially I only wanted to use grow bags but then I had nothing to hold it together inside tent so I put it in pots and saucer beneath.
                  2.5 x 2.5 tent
                  Viparspectra PAR600
                  4" Fan & Filter
                  Coco-Perlite
                  GH Trio + Cal Mag

Current Grow:
                  1x Cream Cookies
                  1x Pineapple Express
                  1x Northern Lights
                  1x White Widow

Comment

• Sledrock
                    Sledrock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If you're getting Runoff water in your saucers, make sure to Empty them after the water stops draining - Don't let your pots sit in (or re-absorb) the runoff water.

You probably already know these things. I don't mean to sound "Bossy", but it's sometimes hard to know what You know?

I wish you the Best of Luck with your grow!

• herbgrower
                    herbgrower commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Roger that! I am cleaning up saucers at six/eight hour interval. Thanks for the heads up. and its not bossy man, its cool!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X