Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YYCannabis
    commented on 's reply
    Easy to do. There is an app that you install on your phone. It connects to the device through your WiFi at home. The setup is super simple and the app is very straight forward. You don’t need any other smart device, *but* if you do have a smart device like an Alexa, you can control the outlet that way. It works just fine using the phone app. 👍

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    Tp-link makes those also...

• CatMomma
    replied
    Farmall and YY, thank you so much for providing this information... the only stumbling block for me is that I don’t have “smart” devices (other than a phone) and setting a timer from my phone sounds a bit daunting.

Leave a comment:

• YYCannabis
    commented on 's reply
    CatMomma It was Farmall that pointed me towards these devices. They work very well. The power strip has a feature that allows you to see how much power it is using when something (lights) are on. Plus keeps a log of the power used over time. In theory, a person could use these to know exactly how much power is used in a full 24 hour period. Multiply that number by the number of days that were involved in a grow and you will know exactly how much power was consumed (in Kilowatt hours). If you know the rate your electricity provider charges you in kWh, then you will have your final cost for electricity.

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    Additionally, they make a 4 pack, 2 pack and power strips as well as wall switches ... I have several from dual’s and 4 pack. I use them on the lights, Christmas tree, CMH315, LED, lamps, etc.... you can schedule them to go on at 6:04 and go off at 9:33 or whatever you’d like and they are exact... I’m so happy with these things I’ll tell anyone who’ll listen. YYCannabis mentioned that the power strip can monitor your power usage as well. Of course, it’s all predicated on cell phone use of their app.

To make it interesting: I was about 2000miles away when I logged into my house cameras with an iPad and then used the phone to turn lights on and off and on and off 10 times or more...like a lunatic. But, with near zero delays, they clicked on and off and I was watching it on the iPad .... stupid stuff ...but it worked

Told you I was happy with them. No, I wasn’t high

• BaccaRacca
    replied
    Anybody try in-wall circuit timers? Seems like these timers go out and pose a fire hazard too often. I think I'd be more comfortable if a tool like that is hard wired and enclosed in an electrical box.

Leave a comment:

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    CatMomma since you’ve asked.... https://www.amazon.com/Kasa-Smart-Wi...s%2C131&sr=8-6

• CatMomma
    replied
    YYCannabis, that does indeed make sense.... I don’t have a timer though...is there a particular timer that you can recommend?

Leave a comment:

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    Oooh, I did not know the power strip tracks power use... I bought the kill-a-watt meter. You plug in your cost of electricity and anytime the equipment us running, it calculates the cumulative total

• YYCannabis
    commented on 's reply
    Farmall put me onto the Kasa smart plugs too. I opted to buy the smart strip (power bar) with 6 outlets from Tp-link.
    Each outlet is individually programmable AND tracks power usage. This way you can see exactly how much electricity you are using.

• YYCannabis
    commented on 's reply
    I believe that plants need rest time. There is some wisdom that shows plant roots grow during the rest stage (lights out) and allows certain plant hormones to be expressed during that time. The hormones, while not expressly being considered as terpenes, are associated with stimulating growth factors.
    Remember, plants have existed and evolved for millions of years. Not one single plant on earth has naturally evolved to thrive in 24 hours of light.

• CatMomma
    replied
    Ooohh... this looks good. I’m not using a timer now because I have light on my autos 24 hrs but I’m considering putting the light on a timer for 20/4.

Leave a comment:

• homegrown
    commented on 's reply
    thanks farmall i check them out.

• Farmall
    replied
    Kasa Smart Outdoor Plug with 2 Outlets, Individual Control, IP64 Waterproof and Scheduling (Sunrise & Sunset), Works with Alexa & Google Home (KP400) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M6RS2LC..._trtfEb3V9QVZ6

i use these for my LED frames which offer some latitude in the needed amperage draw. They can be scheduled for exact on and off times via phone or tablet. I find them so convenient and reliable. I use several of them and it’s ‘set and forget’, even in power outages, they come right back on. When I set time on and off for something like 8:34am and 8:34 pm, it is within a second every single day

Leave a comment:

• herbgrower
    commented on 's reply
    Oh! I will keep reminding you so we can see cool signatures now and then

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X