WTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF

Woke up to half my light on and looked at timer and found this. I have my cobs split onto two drivers and each driver is 320 watts. So you think I overloaded the timer? Plugged in both my lights into power stop and they working just fine.
    640 watt hlg quantum board
    320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
    300 watt mars hydro sp3000
    150 watt hlg quantum board
    100 watt spider farmer led x2
    organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
    Water only i don't check ph
    6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

OMG again another " almost fire" posting today. Dang Cloud that's my thought overloaded timer outlet shit is scary.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Are you using a digital ballast? I've never seen one that couldnt handle at least 1000 watts. I mean little space heaters are about 1500 watts. I think mine can handle 1500 watts but I will look when I go downstairs. Mine came with my 1000 watt hps though.
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• Cloud
        Cloud commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope led cobs and I checked out my wiring job and seems ok. I have been using that timer for almost 2 years

Fire is so scary. I'm glad you caught it before it was too late. I almost burnt my house down yesterday too.

Comment

• Cloud
        Cloud commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks man I'm glad I caught it as well lol. Ofc happened while sleeping last night.

Yes I am always worried about fires. I have 3 smoke detectors in my basement. I have another on the stairs down to the basement. Then I have one in every room of our house.
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• herbgrower
        herbgrower commented
        Editing a comment
        Spidermite I was just kidding! This one is cool though!

• Spidermite
        Spidermite commented
        Editing a comment
        I was just messing with you. I thought I had changed it already. I change it up everytime I can remember how. Lol

• herbgrower
        herbgrower commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh! I will keep reminding you so we can see cool signatures now and then

Two years is pretty good service, probably just died. Maybe you're pushing it a little but after 2 years wtf ?
      Focus and relativity.

Comment

• Cloud
        Cloud commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea i think for now on ill start replacing stuff like that after a solid years use.

I use a 30 amp definite purpose motor starter between my timer and the lights, the coil is all the timer sees! This way I know I am not overloading the circuit in the timer.
      But hey the bright side is it was just a timer!

Comment

That's crazy scary glad you're all ok!!
        As to overload... which timer did you have? I have some that are grounded some that arent & a digital. I have 3 T5s, 2 fans, a humidifier & a small cooler on one.

Comment

• Cloud
          Cloud commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea was freaking out when i saw it lol. Says titan controls on the top and apollo 9 on the back and its a digital timer.

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll bet. I'm a little freaked myself lol. I just split all my shit into 2 timers - the grounded ones & tossed the digital that I have no idea how old it is!!!

I need to put a couple smoke detectors in the grow room. They would go off every nice day I opened the window though as the bees find their way in and always go to the HID bulbs. Instant bug smoke and if they land on top, they stay and cook. I almost freaked out one day when I opened the door and the room was cloudy with smoke. I shut everything down and started searching with my nose, It didn't smell electrical but I was still worried, ended up finding a blackened bee carcass atop the 400w MH. I hate for bees to die but they just can't resist the smell.

Comment

• Cloud
          Cloud commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol nothing like a nice scare to make you paranoid

Wowza! Thats frightening.. So glad it stopped there. I know what im doing tomorrow. Smoke detector for tent and a couple of new timers. My timer is old,..like 10yrs old..used to use it for the christmas lights..yikes. Does anyone have suggestions for a Good timer? After seeing this, price is not an option.
        Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
        Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
        6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
        Canna Coco/perlite
        General Hydroponics Flora Series
        Cal/Mag.

Tent
        Bruce Banner
        Kushy Kush
        2Cookies and cream

Comment

That Titan timer that came with my hood and lamp failed by not shutting off for 3 days. I switched all of those timers to digital And the only way I’d known was through a $25 Wyze cam set inside. When ever I need to check on plants, I can click on the phone and see what’s going on. Sure enough at 10pm when it should have been dark, there is a purple glow from the UV-B bulb still on. Stressed the plant and it hermied.

Comment

Kasa Smart Outdoor Plug with 2 Outlets, Individual Control, IP64 Waterproof and Scheduling (Sunrise & Sunset), Works with Alexa & Google Home (KP400) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M6RS2LC..._trtfEb3V9QVZ6

i use these for my LED frames which offer some latitude in the needed amperage draw. They can be scheduled for exact on and off times via phone or tablet. I find them so convenient and reliable. I use several of them and it’s ‘set and forget’, even in power outages, they come right back on. When I set time on and off for something like 8:34am and 8:34 pm, it is within a second every single day

Comment

• homegrown
              homegrown commented
              Editing a comment
              thanks farmall i check them out.

• YYCannabis
              YYCannabis commented
              Editing a comment
              Farmall put me onto the Kasa smart plugs too. I opted to buy the smart strip (power bar) with 6 outlets from Tp-link.
              Each outlet is individually programmable AND tracks power usage. This way you can see exactly how much electricity you are using.

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              Oooh, I did not know the power strip tracks power use... I bought the kill-a-watt meter. You plug in your cost of electricity and anytime the equipment us running, it calculates the cumulative total

Ooohh... this looks good. I’m not using a timer now because I have light on my autos 24 hrs but I’m considering putting the light on a timer for 20/4.

Comment

• YYCannabis
              YYCannabis commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe that plants need rest time. There is some wisdom that shows plant roots grow during the rest stage (lights out) and allows certain plant hormones to be expressed during that time. The hormones, while not expressly being considered as terpenes, are associated with stimulating growth factors.
              Remember, plants have existed and evolved for millions of years. Not one single plant on earth has naturally evolved to thrive in 24 hours of light.

YYCannabis, that does indeed make sense.... I don’t have a timer though...is there a particular timer that you can recommend?

Comment

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              CatMomma since you’ve asked.... https://www.amazon.com/Kasa-Smart-Wi...s%2C131&sr=8-6

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              Additionally, they make a 4 pack, 2 pack and power strips as well as wall switches ... I have several from dual’s and 4 pack. I use them on the lights, Christmas tree, CMH315, LED, lamps, etc.... you can schedule them to go on at 6:04 and go off at 9:33 or whatever you’d like and they are exact... I’m so happy with these things I’ll tell anyone who’ll listen. YYCannabis mentioned that the power strip can monitor your power usage as well. Of course, it’s all predicated on cell phone use of their app.

To make it interesting: I was about 2000miles away when I logged into my house cameras with an iPad and then used the phone to turn lights on and off and on and off 10 times or more...like a lunatic. But, with near zero delays, they clicked on and off and I was watching it on the iPad .... stupid stuff ...but it worked

Told you I was happy with them. No, I wasn’t high

• YYCannabis
              YYCannabis commented
              Editing a comment
              CatMomma It was Farmall that pointed me towards these devices. They work very well. The power strip has a feature that allows you to see how much power it is using when something (lights) are on. Plus keeps a log of the power used over time. In theory, a person could use these to know exactly how much power is used in a full 24 hour period. Multiply that number by the number of days that were involved in a grow and you will know exactly how much power was consumed (in Kilowatt hours). If you know the rate your electricity provider charges you in kWh, then you will have your final cost for electricity.

Anybody try in-wall circuit timers? Seems like these timers go out and pose a fire hazard too often. I think I'd be more comfortable if a tool like that is hard wired and enclosed in an electrical box.

2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
            2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
            2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
            2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              Tp-link makes those also...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X