Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spidermite
    commented on 's reply
    I was just messing with you. I thought I had changed it already. I change it up everytime I can remember how. Lol

• herbgrower
    commented on 's reply
    Spidermite I was just kidding! This one is cool though!

• Farmall
    replied
    That Titan timer that came with my hood and lamp failed by not shutting off for 3 days. I switched all of those timers to digital And the only way I’d known was through a $25 Wyze cam set inside. When ever I need to check on plants, I can click on the phone and see what’s going on. Sure enough at 10pm when it should have been dark, there is a purple glow from the UV-B bulb still on. Stressed the plant and it hermied.

Leave a comment:

• Spidermite
    commented on 's reply
    There you go herbgrower I changed it. I may have no fucks but my dogs and kids do.

• homegrown
    replied
    Wowza! Thats frightening.. So glad it stopped there. I know what im doing tomorrow. Smoke detector for tent and a couple of new timers. My timer is old,..like 10yrs old..used to use it for the christmas lights..yikes. Does anyone have suggestions for a Good timer? After seeing this, price is not an option.

Leave a comment:

• JDU
    commented on 's reply
    I'll bet. I'm a little freaked myself lol. I just split all my shit into 2 timers - the grounded ones & tossed the digital that I have no idea how old it is!!!

• Cloud
    commented on 's reply
    Lol nothing like a nice scare to make you paranoid

• Cloud
    commented on 's reply
    Yea i think for now on ill start replacing stuff like that after a solid years use.

• Cloud
    commented on 's reply
    Im glad im in a brand new house decked out with smoke detectors. Did not give off enough smoke to set it off though.

• Cloud
    commented on 's reply
    Yea was freaking out when i saw it lol. Says titan controls on the top and apollo 9 on the back and its a digital timer.

• FunkyButtLovin
    replied
    I need to put a couple smoke detectors in the grow room. They would go off every nice day I opened the window though as the bees find their way in and always go to the HID bulbs. Instant bug smoke and if they land on top, they stay and cook. I almost freaked out one day when I opened the door and the room was cloudy with smoke. I shut everything down and started searching with my nose, It didn't smell electrical but I was still worried, ended up finding a blackened bee carcass atop the 400w MH. I hate for bees to die but they just can't resist the smell.

Leave a comment:

• JDU
    replied
    That's crazy scary glad you're all ok!!
    As to overload... which timer did you have? I have some that are grounded some that arent & a digital. I have 3 T5s, 2 fans, a humidifier & a small cooler on one.

Leave a comment:

• herbgrower
    commented on 's reply
    Living up to no fucks given.

• Rwise
    replied
    I use a 30 amp definite purpose motor starter between my timer and the lights, the coil is all the timer sees! This way I know I am not overloading the circuit in the timer.
    But hey the bright side is it was just a timer!

Leave a comment:

• Eliot Pryor
    replied
    Two years is pretty good service, probably just died. Maybe you're pushing it a little but after 2 years wtf ?

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X