Xtra hight THC strains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xtra hight THC strains

I have been surfing on seedsman, and spotted GDP claiming 35% THC and a few others in that range. I my self am skeptical of these claims, so
    Has anyone purchased from seedsman one or more of these 30-35% THC strains?
    If so do you think it was anywhere near the claims of 30-35%?
    Or did it come out to be wild claims to sell the seed?
    What would you recommend from what you have grown?
    Other seed banks that have these 30+% strains and same questions,,,

I never have but have of course looked at them. Kinda makes you wonder like you say i'm not in any way perfect cultivator but in order to achieve that % from homegrown makes me skeptical, is it a marketing ploy? Maybe in their labs and their sterile facilities I'll wait till someone I know grows it at home. How do they get that high of %?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Rwise
      Got me a friend that runs a medical dispensary and has a GDP that test @ 33%. It's possible but not guaranteed.
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I have seen claims of independent lab tests like this, a growers skill has to come into play.

are these the same resellers that claim 4 week flowering periods?

Comment

When I heard this once a few weeks ago, I doubt that it’s real but: snoop dog says he has near 50% THC weed. I looked at Seedsman Black Sugar? They write 28%. Since you can’t mail weed, I can’t get any lab tested. Closest drive is about 250 miles but then I cross state lines and illegally carrying. I’d love to test it once

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Farmall I've thought about getting some tested too, just to see for myself.
          The way I test mine is first thing in the morning, I take 3good pulls on my Flowermate, that uncledoug told me to get, it tells the truth.lol ,we love that thing.
          Some of it we got 3hits, is too much, no sh-t.
          Nice to have a bunch of different kinds to choose from though, ain't it ole bud.
          I know when we go riding in the country, smoking joints, we never finish the joint.

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          D.A.A.S.69 Sounds like we get out stuff up to par easily. After all, look at the questions the come across these pages and the available data, great suggestions and high yield techniques

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          When the claims get over 40% I get very very skeptical, like the 45% I spotted a bit over a year ago. All claims and no tests, awards etc. at $200.00 per seed! No thanx I can grow a lot of lower THC weed and smoke more,,,

I've read a couple of articles about test labs being widely varied in their results. Growers would shop around to find a good test.https://hightimes.com/news/nevada-ma...ading-results/
        Focus and relativity.

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Well there's that, more regulations/standards coming after the feds get on board

All we grow now are autos, but the most powerful auto I ever smoked was ChemsSister with Afghan Kush Ryder a very close second, don't have a clue what their thc,percentages are, I do know what the effects are though, you are f-cked up, for awhile.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

find it hard to believe considering niether parent is .

Comment

Originally posted by Eliot Pryor View Post
            I've read a couple of articles about test labs being widely varied in their results. Growers would shop around to find a good test.https://hightimes.com/news/nevada-ma...ading-results/
            Thanks for the link!
            A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

Ethos Genetics posts THC between 30-35% for their cultivar called Inzane in the Menbrane.
              I know a fellow near me who has some growing and is willing to sell me a clone or two. Not sure if I want to feel my face melting?

Comment

• DingusKhan
                DingusKhan commented
                Editing a comment
                Sounds like the next fave GWE strain to me: WANT!

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                But other places dont list it as being that high,,,,

• JohnEmad
                JohnEmad commented
                Editing a comment
                There is a small company near here that will test for thc and cbd for $25 per test. Not sure how accurate their tests will be but I am looking into it.

You know, it doesn't help me when I read (or maybe it did, I want buy it) in their flash and splash adds that these (name of seed withheld as there are others) produce several pheno's. This one said 25% will be high CBD 25% will be high THC and 50% will be 1:1,,, now to me, myself and I, we get the distinct impression of a bag seed from this type of description,,, not something I want to pay for and then take a chance on!

Comment

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                LOL, there's another,,, I dont see paying money for them

• DingusKhan
                DingusKhan commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm with you. If I'm spending that much on genetics, then the breeders need to have put the work into stabilizing the strain before beta testing it on us growers! I don't have time to waste growing rogue ass plants because the released strains early with creative names.

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                One I read yesterday gave a warning that it is up to the grower, can be 10% or 20+% depending according to grow methods. Hey thanx for the honesty, I pass! I do understand that every plant needs good methods to get good results,,,,

I want my face to melt
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                I have wild morning glories,,,

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Me, too!! I like it!!!!

Here in Canada, as a registered medicinal grower, I have access to labs to test my stuff. Sadly, they will only test stuff that the seeds came from an authorized/legal seed sale. No bag seed weed or street weed. Strain needs to be known and I’m assuming they do a genetic test to make certain the strain matches the legal only grows.

If I smoke and get buzzed, then it’s good enough. My friends who have Rx pot think my first batch of Big Bang auto is well into the mid to upper 20% range.
              There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
              1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
              2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
              3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• DingusKhan
                DingusKhan commented
                Editing a comment
                There are few endorsements that carry as much weight as an old stoner saying "damn dood, what's that? Can I get more of that?"

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                LOL I agree

• YYCannabis
                YYCannabis commented
                Editing a comment
                DingusKhan
                LOL My longtime stoner friends suddenly find time to come visit me more often than they did before. I don’t sell, but I usually send them on their way with 4-5 grams of the smaller lower branch buds.

Funny thing is, I’ve never shared my “top kola” buds with anybody. If my friends think the small larfy buds are kickass, they’d be blown away from the stuff I keep in my private smoke box.

A lot of variables with final potency: grower's skill, moment of harvest, how great were the genetics or was it a so-so seed.
              Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
              2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
              Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                exactly, and so so genetics coming from so called breeders with imaginative descriptions that dont grow out, which is why we must converse about them.

• DingusKhan
                DingusKhan commented
                Editing a comment
                Yup! The ones that go big sure get popular here. It's way too much fucking work to keep a plant alive and well loved only to find it tastes like cat pee.

Been to some of the best dispensaries all over Cali (Southern and Bay Area). I have never seen anything testing over 33% THC. If you think about that... 1/3 of the total weight is THC content. I like how someone above described it as insane in the membrane. That’s exactly correct.
              4x4 600w HID empty for summer
              3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
              2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
              running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                I have no direct experience with the labs, all second hand, I know how they are supposed to work,,,

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                Khalatbari said current testing methods are far from reliable. "These labs that are set up to test cannabis do not have access to the baseline standards that they need to test appropriately, so they use their own baselines."
                A Denver grower who goes by RB-26 claims to have achieved the first strain to consistently test at 33 percent THC. That's some STRONG weed.

• Toker1
                Toker1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Chemical composition testing is a form of destructive testing that has been around since 1860. Most developments made in the 1900’s. I’m not sure what baseline is claiming to be missing, but doesn’t make much sense to me with over 160 years of test analysis development.
                I think we are getting a bit off topic here. He said don’t take the numbers as gospel. Well, I thought that was obvious. Any instrument has a tolerance of accuracy, and you can do your best to limit variation. That is true with any testing method and is not limited to Cannabinoid profile testing. He is just stating the obvious.
                Last edited by Toker1; 01-09-2020, 03:51 PM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X