Defoiliation feminized seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Defoiliation feminized seeds

Hey so I'm lookin for some advice here. My last two grows have both ended up with hermies. Both from feminized seeds. My questions are for the guys that defoiliate heavy.
    Do you defoiliate heavy in flower also.
    Do you defoiliate plants from feminized seeds
    This current grow I know I have had every variable in check with pretty much zero signs of stress and couple days after I defoiliate them at day 20 I ended up with hermies. And it's almost as if it stalled them right out for bud growth compared to how they were doing. My issues is humidity if I don't defoiliate and also lack of air flow. I am a believer in defoiliation I just don't know what i am doing wrong as I said I know all other variable are in check due to an expensive environment controller which controls everything from ph ec to fans lights pumps yadada. Thanks in advance

It sounds like you might not be getting stabilized genetics. What breeder and strain are are your seeds coming from?

Comment

I really didn't wanna put his name on here even but I wanna know why I keep failing more to be honest. And purple glue is what I'm doing now last one was black diamond.
      Last edited by HatRack; 01-04-2020, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• HatRack
        HatRack commented
        Editing a comment
        I do realize humidity and air flow are huge which is why i need to defoliate. I have an intake and exhaust fan both around 350 cfm and a 16 inch fan blowing air around also so i dont think thats my issue. I also have a humidifier which may be oversized due to how often it cycles which i dont like. It also raises humidity when it first start which causes swings of about 7-10 % RH, just breifly,which i also dont like which is why i defoliate. Leaves grow so fast i feel i could defoliate more but im always scared now that im gonna fuck em. Exhaust fan does vent outside and i do have fresh air into the basement also, average RH outside tent is about 40.

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        If you have humidity issues that force you to remove leaf alot then why do you have a humidifier running?

What is your humidity? With and without?

• HatRack
        HatRack commented
        Editing a comment
        Even with defoliation I am still in need of humidifier to keep under 60% and like I said i try to avoid using it due to those swings and obviously to save on power. It draws about 300w. So if I can avoid using it and get the benefits from defoliation why wouldn't I right.

I've always run feminized seeds, always do a heavy strip on about day 20 and I've never had any issues. Make sure your environmental conditions are on point and I'd be looking for light leaks if this problem is recurring on different strains.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• HatRack
        HatRack commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the info. Do you do any stripping in veg to train them or just strip in flower.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X