Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

flower week 6, budrot? swollen bud is brown and pistils turning color from bud to tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flower week 6, budrot? swollen bud is brown and pistils turning color from bud to tip

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200102_1703016.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.60 MB ID:	362324

i thought root rot may be an issue so am waiting before a bit of wilt before watering this time..

Comment

It's pretty hard to tell from your pic. I see slight discoloration but that could just be the buds natural colors. Do you have an infrared thermometer by chance? If so you can take a temp reading on a healthy looking bud then compare it to the suspect bud. If the bud in question is reading a higher temp then you will know without having to remove to inspect.

Comment

the bud that seems isolated in the middle of the pic below a sugar leaf is what i'm concerned about.

i'm not above picking it off, slicing through should present a geen center? i this this is a sativa based plant it climbs and is scrawny.

Comment

I don't see anything wrong?
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

maybe i'm just freaking out because colour of buds is darkening from green..

i'll update this thread when night period is done and i pluck that bud.

Comment

I had bud rot on my last grow. That does not look like bud rot. Mine grew really fast, like took a bud overnight. I cut it out, and that seemed to work. I think if it is bud rot you'll know quickly.
              2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
              2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
              2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
              2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

I dont see anything wrong either when you get bud rot you'll know it right off
                new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200103_1106329.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	3.62 MB
ID:	362641Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200103_1108199.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	3.61 MB
ID:	362640

Comment

it's incredibly sticky but seems firm enough.. def no slime from the naked eye.

15x loupe does show suspisiousness though so i'm still a bit concerned.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200103_1116442.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	2.49 MB
ID:	362646

Comment

I'd just keep an eye on it. It does look slightly concerning but then again it could just be the natural colors. What's your humidity like?

Comment

35% and i have two underdeveloped stalks with wilting leaves (i did not lolipop or even defoliate) and the equally undrerdeveloped buds on their seems to be turning a darker colour also.

may be an early harvest i'll be sure to inspect roots well when i do.

will post findings here at that point.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                          oldjarhead100 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          you have a root problem flush flush,pray pray lol

thanks for this reply Jarhead.. its the kick in the pants i needed to get out there and try to correct this problem before it gets out of hand.

i was on the fence because the medium is obviously making a go of it.. and i did a quick flush with hydrogen peroxide this morning, but just headed out to the local walmart to grab stress zyme or pond zyme for enzyme boost to break down rotting material.

unfortunately we just had nutrafun waste control.. it seems similar enough i'm going to see how it helps with a follow up treatment to the h2o2 in a few hours.

do i have to be really careful picking out the brown buds during consumption? assuming this harvest is salvaged.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X