Leaking uniseal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaking uniseal

I’m trying to setup a recirculating dwc system. The uniseals are leaking, is there a good sealant I can use to stop the leaks.

That's a bummer. I'm guessing that a silicone for the bathroom would do the trick.

Comment

Yeah silicone would work, I used Flex Seal and also rubber cement. Anything rubbery with a good bond and preferably waterproof. Just make sure you give it a good coat on both sides, whatever you use.

Comment

Go to bulk head fittings way better and no leaks
        5x5 tent
        2000 watt Aglex cob series
        Mars SP250
        Six inch carbon filter
        Current grow 2 x ice cream cake, 2 x Torontonian Cookies 2 x shishkaberry and 1 x BC OG all reg​​ seeds

Comment

• Realdeal
          Realdeal commented
          Editing a comment
          I was originally going to use bulk head fittings, but then I read on another forum that uniseals are easier to use and don’t leak.
          Live and learn I guess

Been there done that and it don't get much easier than bulkhead fittings
        Attached Files
        5x5 tent
        2000 watt Aglex cob series
        Mars SP250
        Six inch carbon filter
        Current grow 2 x ice cream cake, 2 x Torontonian Cookies 2 x shishkaberry and 1 x BC OG all reg​​ seeds

Comment

There is this stuff called Marine Goop which works great.

And +1 bulkheads but they're not perfect. I used bulkheads and had to use a bit of Marine Goop to patch some small leaks where I guess the bulkhead gasket wasnt totally flush or something.
          Up next:
          [Insert your recommendation here]

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. I ended up using permatex sealant. So far no leaks.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X