buds seem dry...no resin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! buds seem dry...no resin

hi guys...my plants are at the 3 week stage of flowering and i noticed the small formed buds seem very dry...when i touch them they have no resin at all...I grow in soil under 600 watt HPS...about 4 weeks ago i repotted them but the usual soil I buy from my local weed store had run out completely, so I had to resort to soil bought from a hardware store that only stocked soil with slow release fertillizers in it...the advice I was given was not to feed them for a month otherwise that would raise the nitrogen levels in the soil...the first 3 weeks they looked amazing while they were still in the veg stage...but now they have grown substantially and are flowering they look yellowish...so my strategy was to repot them again this time in 50 ltr pots in the soil bought from the weed store because they were root bound ...can I expect that they will be alright now??...any advice from anyone would be very much appreciated...thank-you...

What size pot are they in now? They won't have much resin till later on in flower. Is your light to much or to close? Could you be cooking the staminas? Yellowing sounds like you need to feed them. If you can post a pic natural light whole plant. If they are photo or auto strains? If pot is 3gal or bigger now may be OK just feeding them some good ferts. and bloom may be it but photo would be helpful
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Geno333
      Geno333 commented
      Editing a comment
      hey cheers for your reply...they are in 50 litre pots...i have made sure they are not too close to the lights [ 48 cm ]...they are Photoperiod strain [ white window ] from the attitude seed bank!...I think you could be right about just feeding them because I didnt feed them for a month because of the fertillizers in the soil...I guess I just have to give them a week or so to recover hopefully...is it safe to post pics here on this platform?...

At 3 weeks you're not going to see many tricromes. They will start frosting up. I would also advise against feeling your buds even though it's so tempting! A repot at this stage will stress your plants but you might be able to do it without disturbing the roots too much. Are you feeding them anything now or? If you could post some pics that would really help

Comment

• Geno333
      Geno333 commented
      Editing a comment
      hey thank-you...I already repotted them yesterday into 50 litre pots and just gave them their first feed of flowering nutes...they seem fine [no dropping at all!]...it was a bit of a mission though but got it done...im hoping after a few feeds they will change colour and start to thrive...

Can you post the brand or the bag? How much nitrogen is in the slow release mix? And a some pictures :-)

I think it is too early to be yellowing in your flower stage.

Comment

• Geno333
      Geno333 commented
      Editing a comment
      hey cheers...the brand is Yates THRIVE premium potting mix...definately too early for yellowing...not sure how much nitrogen in it...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X