Fish tank grow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fish tank grow?

I’ve seen a lot of things on YouTube about aquaponics farms using floating mats.. for their “hydroponic systems” where they have these massive pools of water with floating mats( I think pool noodle material) but they cut out holes and put their net baskets in and grow their plants.. but in the pool under the rafts are fish.. so they are using really fresh fish poo to grow the plants I hope this helps?
    according to some of the videos that’s all they are using in just wondering would this be doable with weed.. if no one really knows I guess I got a project but figured I’d ask first

Plenty of growers using aquaponics to grow weed already.
    Aquaponics combines two systems to grow plants and fish for consumption. Learn all about how to grow cannabis with aquaponics.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I've seen people use styrofoam insulation panels with net cup holes cut out. I would be worried about all the "chemical" shit in the styrofoam.
      Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Im sure it would work well, but set up would be a major hurdle for small pond-small weed grow. The weed would have to be done separately in a different tank, or pots with a drip irrigation system. If i exposed those delicate roots to my Koi they would be stripped to nothing in a very short time...like hours or less. And algae can be a big problem in natural ponds..rain, heat spike, too much sun, bird poop etc, can start an algae bloom in 24 hrs or less. Then you have to take into account the height of the plants...gonna be a bit top heavy for floating.
        Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
        Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
        6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
        Canna Coco/perlite
        General Hydroponics Flora Series
        Cal/Mag.

Tent
        Bruce Banner
        Kushy Kush
        2Cookies and cream

Comment

Not all Aquaponics are the floating in the fish pond types. Most just pump the water from the fish tank. So the structure for growing the plants is connected by piping.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• homegrown
            homegrown commented
            Editing a comment
            yes Toker1, that would be the easiest way, keep the two separated, let them thrive in their own environment but compliment each other. I would attempt this but my pond is mostly shaded. Recycled water and natural nutes...priceless lol. My first attempt at pond fish, i brought them in for the winter and put them in a 60gal aquarium. Holy fak did that smell bad...bought a de-icer for the pond after that lol

I have a friend who has a little pond with ducks living on it. He pumps that water into his green house for irrigating his soil. His plants get ENORMOUS.
          Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

I was just more of wondering would the fish water alone be enough to sustain the plants.. because if you still have to add nutes then it’s kinda more difficult because concentrations would then be harder to measure

Comment

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              I have heard of people only supplying their crops with fish water alone. I have never tried it myself though. Give it a shot... if you notice any deficiencies just go back to the normal feed.

• DingusKhan
              DingusKhan commented
              Editing a comment
              My friend with the duck pond still used fertilizer. But I don't know if he had to.

• homegrown
              homegrown commented
              Editing a comment
              I dont use any nutes or fertilizers in or near my pond...it balances itself out as long as i have decent water circulation. Just a small amount of lawn fertiizer or heavy rain and hot temps can unbalance it in 24 hrs. Looks like pea soup. The aquatic(floating) plants and sea weeds are fine on their own, and I do use the pond water for the sub aquatic plants and grasses around the pond. the grow like crazy. I'll have to try a pond water plant this summer...not drilling thru the ice everytime i need to water this grow.lol

A lot of great info and it seems some ideas have sprung up from this post.. which makes me super happy.. and when I have the ability to start a grow.. then this will be one of my projects.. and one of my journals so here’s to that and thank you for the info

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X