Final weeks of flower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final weeks of flower

Just a general question because I'm pretty sure I've always harvested early and haven't really had too many yellowing leaves. How long before harvest do the leaves usually start changing? I know a few of the ladies are getting close, probably within 2-3 weeks is my guess. Most of the pistils have turned orange on a majority of them. Guess I'm getting anxious. This is just one of the girls. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Looking really good...id say your pretty close with your guesstimate. 2-3 weeks. A jewelers loupe or usb microscope would help with monitoring trichomes.
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Comment

Looks like fade is beginning on lower leaves. Sometimes they all don't fade just 1/2 sometimes they stay green I've had all green no fade of leaves on harvest ready plants.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Yeah I looked at the trichomes last night on a couple that I thought were close. Mostly cloudy with a few amber starting here and there. Cut off a small branch for a sample. Just going to dry it without curing and letting the rest go for a couple more weeks.

Comment

i also have had plants get to harvest with few if any yellow leaves and I wondered if I was cutting to soon ..I just look at trics and when mostly cloudy with a little amber is when I say it's time to harvest..I grow in a mix of fox farm HF and OF and use the fox farm nutes but I probably underfed them compared to most ..I'm thinking lots of nutes still in soil and not flushing enough( I do a 10 day heavy runoff with molasses water) is probably why I don't get many yellow leaves but I could be completely wrong..lol
          HLG 300l
          ​foxfarm HF/OF dirt
          3gal and 5 gal fabric pots

current grow chocolate hash berry
          California dreaming 3gal
          wifi og 3gal

Comment

I grow in living soil, and at harvest my plants leaves are I'm guessing 90percent yellow, if they haven't already fallen off.
            Especially outdoor grows,
            Imo, worst thing you can do is harvest early, you got a nice plant, so let her get ripe, if you can, big difference in the smoke, I promise You.
            Like said above look at the trichs, and hairs, your buds are only get harder, bigger, better ,the last 2weeks.
            Just guessing I'd say you got close to another month to go. But keep a close eye on them.
            TomPetty, rest his soul, said waiting is
            the hardest part, and he ain't lying .
            But you'll have some killer, if you let her get ripe.Nice job, 1020.
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

• dphipps1020
              dphipps1020 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah my last couple harvests were small, had little flavor but got me super stoned. Thinking I rushed them so I'm waiting a little longer this time. Definitely have a fantastic smell already, mix of lemon, pine and that cheesy GG smell. And I know it's only going to get better from here. Sample I took I believe is from the GG (some of my ladies didn't get the labels put back in after transplanting). I believe a few of them still have a month or more but I'll have a few ready (hopefully) to replace the ones I harvest. Trying for a steady flow with my setup and I think I may have finally got it.

I don't look at the leaves--only stigmas and trichomes. I like to see the stigmas all shriveled in.
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• dphipps1020
              dphipps1020 commented
              Editing a comment
              I made that mistake on one of my last grows and looked at the leaves. Should have given her at least another week or 2. I am waiting on these ones and also taking them out of the tent in natural light to look at them this time.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X