Did I plant too shallow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Did I plant too shallow?

I’m not sure if this is a problem or if it’s okay but I’m wondering if I have made a mistake when I planted my seeds into these 5 gallon pots. I’m fearing that I may not have put enough soil into the pots and that the roots won’t have enough room as the plants grow. I’m still new at this and am not sure what to do. Any advice would be welcomed!! Thank you!! Happy holidays!!!

They should be fine I started mine in a 5 gal pot also a little water and I mean a little for now and lots of light. Here's what mine look like at 8 weeks.

Comment

Wow, those look really great Jon!! Did you plant yours like mine with only half or 3/4 of the pot filled with soil? What light are you using?

Comment

Oh ya I also filled my pots about 3/4

Comment

Is it optimum? No. But the roots will spread out once they bottom out. You could gently insert a shovel down the side, tilt bag over, remove seedling and place in a properly filled pot. Merry Christmas and good growing.
          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry there catmomma I got distracted I use a phlizon 600w led but next week I will be adding a second for bloom.

Comment

Thanks, Jon and Quirk. I will try to gently move the plant and add soil... I need a steady hand so I’d best do this a few hours after I’ve had my massive intake of caffeine.. wish me luck! Thank you so much for your help!!

Comment

Good luck growing

Comment

Catmoma if you leave it will grow into the pot when its a little bigger you can peel (I cut mine down the sides) the pot off and replant into a new full pot or just leave it it will grow great buds but yield will be a little less
                  new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                  current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Also one can add soil as the plant grows, everything that gets covered will make roots (on most plants/strains). Also some have put the cloth pots into a bigger pot, (yes pot and all) the roots grow threw them

Comment

• JohnEmad
                      JohnEmad commented
                      Editing a comment
                      thats what I did, Add soil as the plants grow until it is up to full and the roots will fill in.

Thank you so much all of you!!!!

Comment

Also if it stretches to much, gets to tall between the ground and starter leaf, add soil and light. Dont want her reaching for the light!

Comment

Thank you!!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X